‘94 2.0L ES -eBay

Cleaned up the garage, found parts laying around, but it turned out to be a complete Volvo 480? If you want to sell your car (480 only) you can place an advert here.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

Post Reply
edie_fox
Knows where Volvo is from
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:05 pm

‘94 2.0L ES -eBay

Post by edie_fox » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:43 pm

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 4001450689

Is that..... a beautiful blue ;)

Also an earlier (F) white auto ES on too at the moment. With blue piped interior.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3377301490

User avatar
MisterH
Can tell where the 480 was built
Posts: 393
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:15 pm
Location: Stockbridge

Re: ‘94 2.0L ES -eBay

Post by MisterH » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:23 am

edie_fox wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:43 pm
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 4001450689

Is that..... a beautiful blue ;)

Also an earlier (F) white auto ES on too at the moment. With blue piped interior.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3377301490
what is that thing in the boot of the white one? it looks a bit like the boot cover, but I have never seen it rolled up.

Shame about the wheels on the blue one...
Current Jobs to do (30/12/19):
New Tires
Fix Radio/Cassette
Fix Central Locking
Bodywork

dcwalker
480 Connoisseur
Posts: 802
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:30 pm
Location: York

Re: ‘94 2.0L ES -eBay

Post by dcwalker » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:34 am

It's the roller blind cover, rolled up; compare to the blue one where it is across the boot...

Those were the standard 14" wheels of the day - Antares, I think they were called. I agree they weren't the best, but wheels often turn up on eBay if you wanted to change them!

David
Current: 1994 480 GT (plus 2004 C70 Collection & 2010 V50 SE)
Previous: Celebration 467 (returned to Martin Mc); Celebration 346 (re-homed with Alan480); Celebration 269 (scrapped abandoned project), Celebration 73 (sold on after 6 years), 1992 ES, 1988 ES - and numerous other non-480 Volvos!

User avatar
MisterH
Can tell where the 480 was built
Posts: 393
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:15 pm
Location: Stockbridge

Re: ‘94 2.0L ES -eBay

Post by MisterH » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:32 pm

dcwalker wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:34 am
It's the roller blind cover, rolled up; compare to the blue one where it is across the boot...

Those were the standard 14" wheels of the day - Antares, I think they were called. I agree they weren't the best, but wheels often turn up on eBay if you wanted to change them!

David
is the roller blind the same as the boot cover? I have the boot cover, came with mine, but two of the clips have slipped out of the holes, so it doesn't clip all around, it is most annoying! I was half-tempted to get some taurus wheels for mine, but they would dictate that the bumpers were painted, and that would be difficult. In either case, I am starting to get miserable seeing my car out in the wet, no place to store it, not wanting to move it much because speedo, but more importantly the odo, doesn't work and it needs new paint. need to get under the arches with WD40 to stop rust setting in, but I just have had little time/motivation to do stuff :(
Current Jobs to do (30/12/19):
New Tires
Fix Radio/Cassette
Fix Central Locking
Bodywork

dcwalker
480 Connoisseur
Posts: 802
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:30 pm
Location: York

Re: ‘94 2.0L ES -eBay

Post by dcwalker » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:03 pm

No, the roller blind cover was an optional extra (only standard on Celebration); different therefore to the standard boot cover that clipped on.

Might have one of those (boot cover, not roller blind) spare if you're interested?

David
Current: 1994 480 GT (plus 2004 C70 Collection & 2010 V50 SE)
Previous: Celebration 467 (returned to Martin Mc); Celebration 346 (re-homed with Alan480); Celebration 269 (scrapped abandoned project), Celebration 73 (sold on after 6 years), 1992 ES, 1988 ES - and numerous other non-480 Volvos!

User avatar
MisterH
Can tell where the 480 was built
Posts: 393
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:15 pm
Location: Stockbridge

Re: ‘94 2.0L ES -eBay

Post by MisterH » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:48 pm

dcwalker wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:03 pm
No, the roller blind cover was an optional extra (only standard on Celebration); different therefore to the standard boot cover that clipped on.

Might have one of those (boot cover, not roller blind) spare if you're interested?

David
I Might be, If my one cannot be fixed. my one issue about the 480 (the car in general) is that there is a distinct lack of privacy, and I am very weary of an opportunistic thief doing a smash and grab on the cars contents, as all is on display. how do people deal with this? or is is just an 'occupational hazard'?
Current Jobs to do (30/12/19):
New Tires
Fix Radio/Cassette
Fix Central Locking
Bodywork

Post Reply