New rear sidemarker glasses/ new front side indicator caps

Cleaned up the garage and found some parts you want to sell? Or are you looking for that one part? You can advertise or request just about anything that has to do with the Volvo 480 in here: brochures, towing-hooks, antenna's, etc etc...

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

V480TI
480 Expert

New rear sidemarker glasses/ new front side indicator caps

Post by V480TI » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:05 pm

To all 480 drivers, some may know me from early meetings, some from later meetings, but I have been walking for 15 years in the 480 world, and i love that car, just as my dad (he infected me with some sort of virus).
Also, I live in Helmond, the Netherlands (the birth place of the 480 !), and hence know many people whom actually designed or worked with the 480, this worsened the virus.....

But, for some years now, much parts are expired, also much 'fun' parts.
This is the reason my dad and i decided to look at/make reproductions of some 'fun' parts as well as normal parts.
We managed to make excellent reproductions of some parts (more to come) :

1) rearlight seals
2) front side indicator seals
3) rear sidemarker seals

4) rear sidemarker glasses
5) front side indicator caps

6) front spoilers

Also because promisses were made by some people for some parts, but it seems those people live in caves somewhere in Afghanistan or so.

Pics of most can be seen on the German 480 Forum ( Der Kleine Elch ), and on the Dutch Volvo 480 forum I have placed
pics of (new) French sidemarkerglasses next to ours :shock:

Advantages of the rearlightseals : no trouble with lute or else, watertight, temperature resistant, UV resistant, durable, and, at any time you can take the rearlights out without damaging them.

Front side indicator seals : well, screw yours off and look how your seals are....... :shock:

Sidemarkerseals : well, if you look at yours, you will probably see that they are rotting away, Volvo doesn't have
them anymore, and a common cause of leakage.

Rear sidemarker glasses : Volvo doesnt have them anymore, and red or white (any colour possible)does look good on some
480's, depending on taste offcourse.

Front side indicator caps : promised by several people, some have actually delivered, but I wasn't happy with quality.
On the German Forum pics of ours and good response....

Front spoilers : not available anymore from Volvo and a quite nice part, delivered with some original Volvo fitting parts.

Down below I will specify prices for the parts, but first I will explain that all parts were made using CAD/CAM technology,
water cutting and professional moulds and good quality materials, not homemade silicon moulds or second choice materials.
All parts are made by good company's ; hence the prices, believe me, not much profit is made on those parts.

1) rearlight seals € 20,00,-
2) front side indicator seals € 7,00,-
3) rear sidemarker seals € 23,00,-
4) rear sidemarker glasses € 65,00,-
5) front side indicator caps € 51,00,-
6) front spoiler € 125,00,-

I am not so good with placing links or computers etc. but pics of parts can be found on the German 480 Forum ( Der Kleine Elch) and the Dutch Volvo 480 Forum and the Dutch Volvo 480 Register.
See for yourself.

Interested : drop me a pm.

Greetz
Flamered GT-Turbo 09-1995, Yellow Koni's, Intrax springs,Palm Beach,rear speakers,middle arm rest,Roboumod,Vega's, CT 906 radio/cd with 850 R amplifier, Pioneer speakers allround.
Hausser front and rear bumper, Black Diamond sport clutch, lightened flywheel, flowed head.Audi TT recirc.Stainless Cat replacement, K&N airfilter,Magnecor KV85,NGK colder plugs.
Soon ; Audi/VW calippers, 280mm Renault Sport brake discs and Ferodo DS2500 pads.

New project : 1987 Silver 480 with B18E engine

thalenvisser480turbo
Started learning about 480

Re: New rear sidemarker glasses/ new front side indicator ca

Post by thalenvisser480turbo » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:32 pm

here is a picture of his stuff
the quality is stunning

VOLVO 480 TURBO ,1989 WHITE 199.MODERATOR @volvo480forum.com

pictures of my white love http://www.volvo480forum.com/index.php/topic,247.0.html

spree
Can tell where the 480 was built

Post by spree » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:01 pm

Awesome.

I would be interested in replacement daytime running light lenses?

As you know these suffer from the high heat of the bulb and end up brown, brittle and cracked.

Can you make these pretty please? :-)

glasgowjim
480 Is my middle name

Post by glasgowjim » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:04 pm

why make them ?

just buy a new set at £35 a cluster its well worth it especially as now the day running lights have been changed to a single lower wattage bulb !

Captain Slow
480 Expert

Post by Captain Slow » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:40 pm

I could be interested in some rear light seals, if they really do perform. I'm waiting to get approval for registering to the german 480 forum to have a closer sniff around!
Previously....
Whitney - 95 N White celebration No.449/480 now with Ladyforatey
Lula - 94 M Volvo 480GT Sold on...
Daphne - 95 M volvo 440si 1.8 73,000K (sold :()

spree

Post by spree » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:51 am

glasgowjim wrote:why make them ?

just buy a new set at £35 a cluster its well worth it especially as now the day running lights have been changed to a single lower wattage bulb !
erm.....

Haven't all 480 parts been discontinued?

Didn't they stop making the units with the clear indicators ages ago? (These are the units that I have and only the dlr lens section is perished)

I even tried to buy a set from you Glasgowjim if you remember and as far as I know you kept them!

I have even seen sets go for silly money on ebay.....

Surely if there were some update to this situation then somebody would post it on this forum as I do drop by and check all the time?

:?

What gives?! I will be happy if I can just go and buy a spanking set of clear units from volvo but excuse me for being skeptical.....

Captain Slow
480 Expert

Post by Captain Slow » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:03 pm

Not all parts are discontinued. Last I knew you could still get new indicator/drl units for £35
Previously....
Whitney - 95 N White celebration No.449/480 now with Ladyforatey
Lula - 94 M Volvo 480GT Sold on...
Daphne - 95 M volvo 440si 1.8 73,000K (sold :()

glasgowjim
480 Is my middle name

Post by glasgowjim » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:12 pm

The definitive answer on this one is the front clusters are still readily available in orange in the UK . The clear clusters have to be imported from sweden and only if your dealer will push the matter ! Apparently they are commonly unavailable in 3 european countries Uk being one of them.

I know this for a fact as I bought a set of clear front clusters only a couple of months ago and I had to wait a couple of weeks for them.

If you get nowhere on ordering these items I can get them new for you from my dealer or you can phone them direct and get them to do the same for you (which would be the easiest option.)

do a google search for TAGGARTS glasgow Maryhill parts department and ask for Andy (there are 2 of them and both are good.) You can mention my name to them Jim Gallacher ( the guy with the 480's )

I believed that it was unavaialable and had a chat with these 2 guys and they wouldnt take no for an answer from Volvo and got the parts for me.

glasgowjim
480 Is my middle name

Post by glasgowjim » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:15 pm

I understand your scepticism but this is the upto date situation on front clusters orange and clear.

I had resigned myself to having to get orange ones but these guys came through for me.

spree

Post by spree » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:31 pm

glasgowjim wrote:I understand your scepticism but this is the upto date situation on front clusters orange and clear.

I had resigned myself to having to get orange ones but these guys came through for me.

Yay! You rock. :-)

I was feeling very sorry for my 480 in that it would have to live with those tatty lights for ages.

Thanks a lot for this info. I really appreciate it. :-)

JohnB
Knows where Volvo is from

Post by JohnB » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:22 pm

hi are all your parts still available thanks

glasgowjim
480 Is my middle name

Post by glasgowjim » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:27 pm

harriet wrote:hi are all your parts still available thanks
lost me there harriet

just cvome home from work but yes I do have a rear window wiring loom spare.

JohnB
Knows where Volvo is from

Post by JohnB » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:29 pm

hi rang taggarts Glasgow very helpful said that they can order the front indicators but would have to charge postal didn't mind that but was very helpful and gave me the part numbers to try my local dealer and was spot on still available from Sweden and on their way many thanks putting me in their right direction to find these part numbers are 3472636 and 3472637 many thanks :P