Anyone know who makes Discs for Volvo?????

Brakepads, discs, handbrake. The brakes are crucial for your Volvo 480. Use this category to learn all you need to know!

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

catgroom
480 Is my middle name

Anyone know who makes Discs for Volvo?????

Post by catgroom » Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:56 pm

Hi All!

Does anybody know who makes thandard relacement discs which you buy from dealers?

Its just that I'm very chuffed as I've just opened my parcel containing my new discs and pads from GSF!

I have BREMBO discs that were flipping cheap!!!!However I did order Textar pads and they've sent PAGID!!!! I seem to remember PAGID are very good indeed?Ive been out of the motor trade for about 10 years though and my memory needs kicking into touch a bit re the quality of brand of the pads!

Did I say I was pleased with the Brembos though? :rofl:

Cheers!
I'm No Longer Here :(

http://www.volvo-480-europe.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=34359&start=20

fargo
Knows where Volvo is from

Post by fargo » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:43 pm

I think ATE is a vendor, at least the guys at the dealer say so.

I had Brembos which I liked. I had crossdrilled and grooved Tar-ox disks which I loathed, I had to throw them away after 2000 kilometres.

Now I have ATE which works fine. However, Tar-ox pads squeal with stock disks and Volvo pads squeal too, with Tar-ox disks. When properly paired, they are silent...
480 Turbo, '93, White

V480TI
480 Expert

Zimmermann

Post by V480TI » Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:03 pm

Also Zimmermann, a German company.
Good quality and a choice between standard and sport.

CTF a Italian company, not cheap but also quality.
Only sport.

See : WWW.europeantuning.com
Flamered GT-Turbo 09-1995, Yellow Koni's, Intrax springs,Palm Beach,rear speakers,middle arm rest,Roboumod,Vega's, CT 906 radio/cd with 850 R amplifier, Pioneer speakers allround.
Hausser front and rear bumper, Black Diamond sport clutch, lightened flywheel, flowed head.Audi TT recirc.Stainless Cat replacement, K&N airfilter,Magnecor KV85,NGK colder plugs.
Soon ; Audi/VW calippers, 280mm Renault Sport brake discs and Ferodo DS2500 pads.

New project : 1987 Silver 480 with B18E engine