Just a Quickie

Brakepads, discs, handbrake. The brakes are crucial for your Volvo 480. Use this category to learn all you need to know!

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

rpruen
Friend of Club 480 Europe

Post by rpruen » Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:04 pm

The ABS still works, but the tracs part has stopped for some unknown reason. Maybe if I reset the ABS computer, sems to work on all the other ECUs :)

Richard
Car Status: Squashed :(
Now have 765 GLE 2.8 V6

volvofox
480 Is my middle name

Post by volvofox » Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:50 pm

just a quicky ?
if your "compatible"

Yes please anytime, day or night
:volvo:

hey, check out my viberating "pedal" and the lack of "tracs" :D

--------------------

in reset mode :

for a real drive pleasure you might not be proud of abs, and surely of tracs. :!:

I wish the constructors in Helmond had thought of a switch, a "temorary fun mode" if you wish, to switch both ABS and/or TRACS off!

because:

with ABS You can't get a decent wheel slip, and the fun you can have with a controled wheelslip....

with Tracs, its like a bad gremlin cuts out the throttle and employes the brakes if you try to tap on her tail :)... so why all the power if you can't use it ?

Nowadays cars have this feature. Does a 480 ? and if no, can it be build ?, did anyone ?
luck,
JPF

Nomen est Omen

rpruen
Friend of Club 480 Europe

Post by rpruen » Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:09 pm

Joke deleted but :rofl:
volvofox wrote:
with ABS You can't get a decent wheel slip, and the fun you can have with a controled wheelslip....
Agree with this, but it's not an everyday thing.... Not unless you don't like your tyres!
volvofox wrote: with Tracs, its like a bad gremlin cuts out the throttle and employes the brakes if you try to tap on her tail :)... so why all the power if you can't use it ?

Nowadays cars have this feature. Does a 480 ? and if no, can it be build ?, did anyone ?
tracs doesn't cut the throttle, it just puts the brake on the wheel that is spinning. It does make taking off from a standing start quicker, without having to worry about wheelspin too much.

As far as disabling tracs / abs, I am sure it's possible. I may have a look at it a some point in the future. It is possible that the controler has already got an input pin to disable the tracs part, since most other cars do have a disable feature.

Richard
Car Status: Squashed :(
Now have 765 GLE 2.8 V6