Wanted door cards and passenger window system

Cleaned up the garage and found some parts you want to sell? Or are you looking for that one part? You can advertise or request just about anything that has to do with the Volvo 480 in here: brochures, towing-hooks, antenna's, etc etc...

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

Hkerswell
480 Newbie

Wanted door cards and passenger window system

Post by Hkerswell » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:16 am

Hi all if anyone has either one of these it would be very handy as I just brought my second 480, this one being a 1.7 es in white and its in dire need of new door cards and a passenger side window rail!

jifflemon
480 Is my middle name

Re: Wanted door cards and passenger window system

Post by jifflemon » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:18 am

The entire plastic panel, or just the insert?

And what style of insert? Fabric? Leather?

Hkerswell
480 Newbie

Post by Hkerswell » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:29 am

The whole panel really, as the door handle has disappeared as well as half the storage box thingys.
They're just your standard fabric ones

dcwalker
480 Is my middle name

Post by dcwalker » Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:27 pm

Complete passenger door card, including unbroken door pocket, I can help you with.

The trim panels - are they the multicoloured material? What year is the car?

And where are you? Not sure how practical sending a complete door card will be!

David
Current: 1994 480 GT, 1996 460 CD & 1997 440 LE with lots of optional extras & 2007 V50 SE Sport
Previous: Celebration 331 (re-homed with Richard S), Celebration 467 (returned to Martin Mc); Celebration 346 (re-homed with Alan480); Celebration 269 (scrapped abandoned project), Celebration 73 (sold on after 6 years), 1992 ES, 1988 ES - and numerous other non-480 Volvos!

malkontent
Can tell where the 480 was built

Post by malkontent » Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:08 pm

Hi
What do you mean " window rail " ?

best

blace
480 Newbie

Post by blace » Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:16 pm

have, if you need pm

Hkerswell
480 Newbie

Post by Hkerswell » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:31 pm

dcwalker wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:27 pm
Complete passenger door card, including unbroken door pocket, I can help you with.

David
Hey David! I'm not entirely sure which year it is but it's a k reg with the plate being K123UFX and the panels are multi coloured also. I'm based in Shropshire if you know where that is, I'd be more than willing to come and collect though!

Hkerswell
480 Newbie

Post by Hkerswell » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:35 pm

malkontent wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:08 pm
Hi
What do you mean " window rail " ?

best
Well you see the electric window wasn't working when I purchased it and I've just taken off the door card to find that the wiring has all been mangled In the spool. It pulls the rail to make the window go up and down ...if any of that makes sense 😅

dcwalker
480 Is my middle name

Post by dcwalker » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:03 pm

Hkerswell wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:31 pm
dcwalker wrote:

David
Hey David! I'm not entirely sure which year it is but it's a k reg with the plate being K123UFX and the panels are multi coloured also. I'm based in Shropshire if you know where that is, I'd be more than willing to come and collect though!
Yes, I know where Shropshire is! :lol: had a few holidays there and it's very nice. I am just north of York, so a bit of a trek, but perhaps we could arrange some sort of part-way meeting.

As I say, passenger door card with unbroken pocket no problem. Trim inserts in the multi-coloured fabric no problem - which ones exactly do you need?

I might be able to help with driver's door card if you need that one - need to check out something first though; can't provide an unbroken door pocket for that door though.

I am just checking on the needs of our Rescue Group cars which take priority, but if none of them need the passenger door window regulator then I have one of those for you.

In terms of cost, if we meet half-way a donation towards my fuel costs would be welcome! for the parts themselves, I'd be after a donation to the Rescue Group funds since all these parts would be coming from the Rescue Group stocks I hold.

I'll confirm as soon as I can on the window regulator and driver's door pocket, but generally speaking how does all that sound?

David
Current: 1994 480 GT, 1996 460 CD & 1997 440 LE with lots of optional extras & 2007 V50 SE Sport
Previous: Celebration 331 (re-homed with Richard S), Celebration 467 (returned to Martin Mc); Celebration 346 (re-homed with Alan480); Celebration 269 (scrapped abandoned project), Celebration 73 (sold on after 6 years), 1992 ES, 1988 ES - and numerous other non-480 Volvos!

Hkerswell
480 Newbie

Post by Hkerswell » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:47 am

dcwalker wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:03 pm
Hkerswell wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:31 pm
dcwalker wrote:

David
Yes, I know where Shropshire is! :lol: had a few holidays there and it's very nice. I am just north of York, so a bit of a trek, but perhaps we could arrange some sort of part-way meeting.

As I say, passenger door card with unbroken pocket no problem. Trim inserts in the multi-coloured fabric no problem - which ones exactly do you need?

I might be able to help with driver's door card if you need that one - need to check out something first though; can't provide an unbroken door pocket for that door though.

I am just checking on the needs of our Rescue Group cars which take priority, but if none of them need the passenger door window regulator then I have one of those for you.

In terms of cost, if we meet half-way a donation towards my fuel costs would be welcome! for the parts themselves, I'd be after a donation to the Rescue Group funds since all these parts would be coming from the Rescue Group stocks I hold.

I'll confirm as soon as I can on the window regulator and driver's door pocket, but generally speaking how does all that sound?

David

Okay David yes I'm sure that could be arranged! And I'm more than willing to wait if the rescue group is in need of them.

As it stands the door card itself is the multi coloured one but the handle had snapped and the previous owner has had it tapped up with a plastic pipe in place of it. The door pocket is also broken and the window regulator has chewed itself to bits.
With the driver side the pocket is broken. However I'm not overly concerned with that at the moment as the card is in good condition.

And of course I don't mind making a donation to the rescue group through you 🙂.

Also I just wanted say I will send you my number in a personal message as I'm not always on this

dcwalker
480 Is my middle name

Post by dcwalker » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:27 pm

Have PM'd you

David