For Sale Celebration 206 Offers over £1000

Cleaned up the garage, found parts laying around, but it turned out to be a complete Volvo 480? If you want to sell your car (480 only) you can place an advert here.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

Oddballer
480 Newbie

For Sale Celebration 206 Offers over £1000

Post by Oddballer » Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:08 pm

For Sale 1995 480 Celebration no. 206/480

Some of you may have seen this for sale last year, in the end I hung on to it, but in the space of a year its covered less than 1000 miles. I’ve just had an offer accepted on a house, so this time I have to be strict with myself and must really let it go.

I’ve owned this celebration since 2016 and generally its been very reliable.

Latest MOT completed October 1st so valid until 1/10/2022.

Part service history Including all the invoices for work carried out during my ownership, plus service book with many historic stamps. Cambelt last changed in 2016 after i picked up the car. Its probably done no-where near the mileage due for another change, but being honest, its reached 5 years old so you may wish to get it changed for peace of mind.

Other work carried out in the past few years:

• New offside front caliper
• Brake lines that run near fuel tank replaced (tank out job!).
• Discs/pads front and rear.
• Handbrake cables renewed.
• New Yuasa Battery 2020.

The car has a few subtle mods including:

• Lowered 40mm, springs over uprated shocks (new springs all round as cracks were discovered before MOT) .
• Cat-back powerflow exhaust – no louder than stock but has a great rasp in the midrange.
• Performance air filter.
• Clear side repeaters.

Noteworthy points:

• Rear lamps in good condition.
• 480 in reg number from new.
• Never experienced any serious water ingress issues in my ownership .
• Full leather interior, no rips or tears only minor wear to drivers bolster
• Currently has a full tank of v-power unleaded so should get you home without worry!
• I also have various spares available that are negotiable if wanted. Including a set of doors in the same colour (with windows & regulators), a spare tailgate, spare bumper skins & nose cone in the same colour, and a whole load of interior parts and more.

Issues/ areas for improvement:

• Rear arches have a some scabs, (see pics).
• Heated seats and AC have never worked in my ownership but it never bothered me.
• Small crack in centre glass between rear lamps – second-hand part included.
• Paintwork has some laquer peel and scuffs in places (see pics).
• Instrument pack – speedo and MFD functional, however backlighting is intermittent. Occasionally the whole pack will illuminate as it should but otherwise it is dim. It is possible to see your fuel level though.
• Slight mileage discrepancy on mot history due to previous notorious 480 instrument issues. Actual mileage is approximately 110000.

I’ve tried to be as honest as possible, but I’ve probably missed something so feel free to ask any questions. PM me I’ll send you my number so you can call/text.

Not perfect, but useable example that’s got plenty of life in it yet. If you’re willing to sort out its foibles and show it some love at a body-shop you’ll have a very tidy car.

With the impending house purchase its more about rationalising my outgoings, than trying to make money, as with most 480s I have put more funds into this than I’ll ever get back. I’d much rather offer it to an enthusiast here for a fair price before it sees the likes of ebay.

Update! I really can't leave this in a driveway looking sad all winter so, offers over £1000 seriously considered. :shock:

Based south of Norwich in the NR16 postcode. Come and view and make me a sensible offer! Test drives welcome as long as you’re insured

Tried to add some pics here, but it crashed out on me, so pics can be found here: https://postimg.cc/gallery/XrWqWnB
Last edited by Oddballer on Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

brinkie
480 Connoisseur

Re: For Sale Celebration 206 £1400ono

Post by brinkie » Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:11 am

One of the few of this forum I've met in person, sad to see you go Arthur, but with an impending house move I can totally understand. :(

About the instrument cluster (which was brought to me in person for refurbishment :lol: ), I think the circuit trace is a bit iffy. If you take the cluster out while still connected, you could try and turn the bulb a bit. Be careful with turning, only turn the bulb, do not give the bulb any tilting force as the bulb's contacts may break.
Robert.

Present cars: 1994 Volvo 480 GT 2.0i, 1999 Volvo S70 2.5 Europa, 2010 Volvo V70 2.0F Momentum

jifflemon
480 Is my middle name

Post by jifflemon » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:32 am

and for completeness

Oddballer
480 Newbie

Post by Oddballer » Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:41 am

brinkie wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:11 am
One of the few of this forum I've met in person, sad to see you go Arthur, but with an impending house move I can totally understand. :(

About the instrument cluster (which was brought to me in person for refurbishment :lol: ), I think the circuit trace is a bit iffy. If you take the cluster out while still connected, you could try and turn the bulb a bit. Be careful with turning, only turn the bulb, do not give the bulb any tilting force as the bulb's contacts may break.
Hi Robert, I hope you're well. Thanks for that, if i have this much longer i might pull it out and have a go.

To be fair, following your repair a few years ago everything instrument related was working brilliantly, this problem only started after a loose screw/something metal dropped into the cigarette lighter socket thus popping a fuse. On replacing the fuse the instrument pack illumination was like this, strange!

If what you say turns out to be the problem though it sounds fairly straightforward to fix. :o

Oddballer
480 Newbie

Post by Oddballer » Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:43 am

jifflemon wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:32 am
and for completeness
Thanks Jeff :hopping:

dcwalker
480 Is my middle name

Re: For Sale Celebration 206 Offers over £1000

Post by dcwalker » Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:14 pm

That's a nice looking Celebration, and - I would have thought someone would be going for it, even before but especially now I see you've lowered the price to offers over £1,000. You've given a very frank description and none of the issues are particularly dramatic for a serious owner; the rear arches look as if they are at the stage where they can still be caught in time.

All I'll say is I'm glad it's a Celebration because I've already got one of those - if it had been one of the early models (1989 or earlier) I would have been seriously interested - sorry ;) .

Good luck with the sale!

Best

David
Current: 1994 480 GT, 1996 460 CD & 1997 440 LE with lots of optional extras & 2007 V50 SE Sport
Previous: Celebration 331 (re-homed with Richard S), Celebration 467 (returned to Martin Mc); Celebration 346 (re-homed with Alan480); Celebration 269 (scrapped abandoned project), Celebration 73 (sold on after 6 years), 1992 ES, 1988 ES - and numerous other non-480 Volvos!

brinkie
480 Connoisseur

Post by brinkie » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:17 pm

This is the right price for someone who is really wanting to get into a 480. The first year you'll gain confidence in the car so you know it's mechanics are OK, then after its first MOT it's time to have the arches done and then fight the clear lacquer peel with a complete respray.
(I've been following the same plan though I've been postponing the full respray for 6 years now...)
Robert.

Present cars: 1994 Volvo 480 GT 2.0i, 1999 Volvo S70 2.5 Europa, 2010 Volvo V70 2.0F Momentum

Murf
Friend of Club 480 Europe

Post by Murf » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:17 pm

If it wasn't literally the other end of the country I'd be seriously tempted by this 🙈
Kia Pro'ceed GT 1.6 Turbo
1992 480 Turbo
2007 Focus ST

brinkie
480 Connoisseur

Post by brinkie » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:25 am

It's MOTed and drives well, it even comes with a full tank, so I don't see the problem! :D
Robert.