brown ecu eprom

Sometimes threads get out of hand. People start offending each other or do things that are not allowed (like asking for illegal software). These sort of threads will end up in the 'Hall of Shame'.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

R5_B18FT
480 Newbie

Post by R5_B18FT » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:51 am

so ok....had a good think tonight about this message board and the members as well as the moderators.

it doesnt seem any "light" on lh-jetronic is appreciated since theres almost no constructive responses to my posts.

im now off to a 1 week lastminute holiday to cyprus and once i am back i will continue this thread on another forum. For those interested, email me and i will send you the link.

And just to make this clear, YES i am butchering a mint 480 turbo for my renault 5 which is by far more valuable. anyone a problem with this ?? I bet my post gets censored again, funny how that only happens to renault people, volvo owners can talk as much shit as they want on here....

And to answer that bit also : no wonder smart people dont post on here what they found out, you lot think you know it all and flame them.... Had a long talk to an ex-user of this board and guess what....same thing happened to him....

:badmood: :badmood: :badmood:

moderators : if u delete something again, take the whole thread down, im sure noone here has any use for it anyways and cancel my user account at the same time. thanx

DaKyy
480 Is my middle name

Post by DaKyy » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:57 am

I bet I'd get a friendly welcome in Renault forums if I would advertise butchering mint R5's just for the fun of it.
[url=http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/ahti.peura/Volvo480ES1987RestorationProject#][img]http://www.ihku.org/~dakyy/signature.jpg[/img][/url]

Dan the 480 Man
480 Is my middle name

Post by Dan the 480 Man » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:16 am

R5_B18FT wrote:so ok....had a good think tonight about this message board and the members as well as the moderators.

it doesnt seem any "light" on lh-jetronic is appreciated since theres almost no constructive responses to my posts.

im now off to a 1 week lastminute holiday to cyprus and once i am back i will continue this thread on another forum. For those interested, email me and i will send you the link.

And just to make this clear, YES i am butchering a mint 480 turbo for my renault 5 which is by far more valuable. anyone a problem with this ?? I bet my post gets censored again, funny how that only happens to renault people, volvo owners can talk as much shit as they want on here....

And to answer that bit also : no wonder smart people dont post on here what they found out, you lot think you know it all and flame them.... Had a long talk to an ex-user of this board and guess what....same thing happened to him....

:badmood: :badmood: :badmood:

moderators : if u delete something again, take the whole thread down, im sure noone here has any use for it anyways and cancel my user account at the same time. thanx
FFS.

Think about it dude...

There aren't many responses...surely that would indicate that alot of people on here don't understand what you're talking about? I haven't a fucking clue! So whats the point in me posting and dragging it off topic because i don't understand. I, as many probably have, have read this with interest hoping to see an outcome-but you've just turned around and gone off on one!

And as Dakky said...how would the Renault forum feel if i joined and said, 'Oh, hiya, can you tell me how to pull apart this mint R5 so i can crush the rest and stick the engine in my 480'. Yeah, that would go down about as well as a lead balloon. R5 owners are welcomed here (not by all, but most)-they mod the engines where others do not-so it's interesting to see what they do-so we have a bit of an idea also! There are several members on here who add interesting topics, start interesting debates...i read them, but i don't post as i don't understand! Dave has done a very good Clio Turbo conversion, Haz has done loads of R5's full stop, and there are a few others on the forum too-and although they have been met with some hostility at times, they have respect from some for understanding what they do! And owners like that, i don't mind being on the forum.

And of course it pisses people off to hear that "I'm breaking a mint 480 Turbo to put the engine in my R5". With an attitude like that, you're not going to win many votes full stop are you? I'm quite a laid back-i watch people join, moan when we pick up on the fact they're breaking a perfectly good 480 for the engine (have the Renault owners forgotten that a 460 & 440 Turbo have the same lumps as a 480?)-generally use the forum to give us a bad name, and then piss of after? To be honest, it pisses me off-if thats peoples attitude-and they come here and make comments wthout really knowing anybody on the forum, then they can just fuck off (sorry mod's, just expressing my opinion).

I'm getting sick of this whole Renault debate thing-i'm not going to hold back as this is a 480 forum after all. And no disrespect at all to any of the frequent Renault owners on here-i find most of your engine related posts very interesting (even though i don't understand most of it :lol:), but when people just turn nasty because they aren't getting the reponses they want, it bugs the hell out of me.

You can keep your 'Mint R5' and stick it right up your fucking arse as far as i'm concerned.

Dan.

P.s. It's a shame, because you actually looked like you were making good progress too...
[size=75]My website: ::: [url=http://www.dcmoore.co.uk][color=black][b]dcmoore.co.uk[/b][/color][/url] :::[/size]

pol
480 Is my middle name

Post by pol » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:44 pm

- What do you want us to say?! - Have you provided any useful information for anyone to comment on yet? I've heard the ECU has some chips inside and more info to follow... Nothing that isn't heard from every newcomer with fast and furious dreams! As I said, i'm all up for knowing the ins and outs of the ecu but looks like you can't provide that either. Don't be such a baby about it!

So instead of redeeming yourself and proving us all wrong, it seems this thread has panned out as everyone predicted :lol:

Other forum?
Tuning?

pol

Big Brother

Post by Big Brother » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:02 pm

Here we go again.

As per the PM you sent me last night, I stated that your post was edited to prevent the thread from flaming up again, it is policy to only censor whole threads when a complaint is made, however when a moderator has already stepped in to calm things down and then you go and tell people they can’t tell their arse from their elbow will only send the flames up again so that’s why your post was edited.
Last edited by Big Brother on Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2001 V70

chris1roll
Friend of Club 480 Europe

Post by chris1roll » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:40 pm

:wall:

You seem to have come on here with the intention of alienating many of the members of the board by generally being abrasive and having a whacking great chip on your shoulder. You didn't come across as trying to help but as someone trying to get on up on other members of the board.

Besides, most of us are not going to be able to do anything with any information you discover as we won't have Eeprom thingumies to work with...I certainly don't have a clue - The only people who will be able to use it are people with eprom readers and shit, well in that case presumably they could do exactly what you are doing for themselves. Therefore most of us won't be able to use it anyway - Richard has saved lots of us the bother of dealing with people like you by doing peoples ECU's in his own time, after experimenting on his own car. Also note he only posted about it once he had done it.
Whether or not he has an NDA with bosch, or whether or not he chooses to tell other people how to do it is no-bodies business but his own. Incidentally he's not making a profit, and even if he was I don't see that that matters either.

Oh, and also note that via this board I have directed certain renault owners on how to wire a 480 engine into their cars, so it not an anti renault thing

By the way, and I saw the bit that got edited - I think I know fairly well what I'm doing with my car, what with there not being a single nut, bolt or screw I haven't touched, however I reckon the only reason you know your arse from your elbow is because your head is stuck up yours.
2001 V70 XC 2.5T
1989 744 GL Auto

Big Brother

Post by Big Brother » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:51 pm

Ok I don’t think this thread is going to be of benefit to anyone now. Sorry Peeps

Topic Closed and Locked

2001 V70