A new guy from Holland

Some things just can't be placed elsewhere. Have you been speeding and got fined? Or spotted a nice new Volvo on the web somewhere? All non-480 messages can be posted in this part of the board.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

Draeghonov
480 Newbie

A new guy from Holland

Post by Draeghonov » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:22 pm

Hey everyone!

I have tried, but I haven't been successful to locate the introduction section, so I thought it would be safe to put this in the wastegate :wink:
My real (normal) name is David, but most people call me Dave. Dunno why, but that's just the way it is I guess.
I'm currently 37 and living in Almere in the Netherlands.

What brings me here?
Well, tbh: the previous owner of our 1st 480.
She provided a print out with links etc as to where I would be able to find info about the Volvo 480.
Mind you, the good lady was 89 (!!!!) years old when I took over her car and she was a regular on the internet...
The car in question is a 1993 Paris Blue 2.0 S Limited, with only 133.xxx km on the clock.
The car's condition was rather horrible, cosmetically spoken, because she wasn't at an age where you'd be spit-polishing your car every week or so.
Technically it was rather sound :)
We bought the car via our neighbour, who has his own garage, so I knew that any risks of buying a car that's known for having "a mind of it's own" would be stripped down to a bare minimum.

That was slighty over a year ago...
I know, I just signed up today :rofl:
Yes, it took me a while to sign up here...

I could go on and on about the car etc, but let me shorten the whole story for you all:
1 year later after my first initiation in the world of the Volvo 480, I am totally addicted to the 480 :hopping:
It has gotten so bad, that there is a big Prancing Moorse logo on our front door with our names under it, the guest room in our house is now the spare parts room and.... I now have 3 480's :shock:

-Parousia, the 1993 Paris Blue 2.0 S Limited ---> she belongs to my wife
-ToTo, the 1992 1.7 Two Tone ---> she's my daily driver
-Steelina, the 1992 (MY 1993) Steel Grey Metallic Turbo ---> she is the Queen Bee of the lot: she's MINE :twisted:

The names are given after the names of the colors, just so you know.
There is a 10 post rule or something that prohibits me to post pics right away, but those will come in due time!
I also can't post links to my projects, but I guess that will come later :wink:
If anyone has a question, please ask :)
regards, David

glasgowjim
480 Is my middle name

Re: A new guy from Holland

Post by glasgowjim » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:34 pm

welcome David !

Why not open a thread in the diary section .... " The secret life of ..."

why not register on the dutch 480 forum as well although you probably could join the CIA easier :rofl: and quicker :lol:

the dutch forum is also quite active I believe.

Draeghonov
480 Newbie

Re: A new guy from Holland

Post by Draeghonov » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:06 pm

Hi!

I will open up a thread there, thanks for the tip!
I should have been clearer; I have registered at the dutch forum and I'm quite active there as well.
Thing is, I have tried to post links to my project threads, but that wasn't allowed, since it was my first post :wink:

This week is a very important week for me; the process of stripping the Turbo down for overhaul will commence this week :)
That sure will be enough to share with the folks here :)

reg, David