400 series problems infecting my new car!!

Some things just can't be placed elsewhere. Have you been speeding and got fined? Or spotted a nice new Volvo on the web somewhere? All non-480 messages can be posted in this part of the board.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

bkf_uk
480 Rookie

400 series problems infecting my new car!!

Post by bkf_uk » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:28 pm

How the hell could problems that were present in my 440 have reapeared in my ford focus?? did i not put enough chicken nuggets in the 440 when i scrapped it to entice the little bastard gremlins to stay with it?

problems that have occoured that 400 series cars also suffer:-

1, ICV appears to have packed up and now have a high idle
2, The same door lock that the 440 wouldnt behave on now plays up on my focus! (rear passenger lock wont work!!)
3, The bloody speedo keeps dropping out (this is realy annoying!!)
4, The back of the drivers seat keeps falling (need to raise the back every time i get in!)
5, The bloody handbrake is as crap as the 440's and the rear brakes squeal like a pig!!

And to top it off, The dash and interior trim is made of the same crap brittle plastic as the 440 was. (drivers door bucket/pocket thing broken, just like 480's!)

Had the car for a week and i want my volvo back!!

Oh and another major similarity from the 440 to the focus, the main dealers are just as shit at doing there job! had the focus serviced by a dealer, they forgot to refill the engine with OIL!!!! it had a sweet bugger all in there. lucky i check things before i leave a garage (i never trust garages, not after i had a garage do a substandard repair to my brakes once that caused them to fail on a major A road!)
Toys:-
2001 Ford focus (not as much fun as my volvo was!)
94 440 turbo auto (Sent to the main dealer in the sky :cryhard: )
92 Suzuki gn250 (Still in rebuild)

volviz
Friend of Club 480 Europe

Re: 400 series problems infecting my new car!!

Post by volviz » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:06 am

:rofl: 400 volvos infect other cars - they teach them, my black one tought g/f honda to do stupid things with ICV, idle rev bouncing, power steering failures etc. ... HONDA - that is known for reliability and running for ever :nuts:
now both are sitting at the back yard for the whole winter, wonder what tey will pull out when I try to awake them.
Image&ImageImage

bkf_uk
480 Rookie

Post by bkf_uk » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:43 pm

Hmm seems ive learnt a new acronim now. FORD = Fix Or Repair Daily.
Turns out the focus speedo sensor is as big a pain in the arse to get to as the 440 turbo autos one was (right in an impossible place to reach unless you are a russian contortionist) And are even more expensive than the volvo one at £50. And ive just noticed the tinworm from the volvo has now decided to move to eating the focus. all 4 doors are rotton on the bottom (only realised that when the sealant fell off today!!) and one of the rear wheel arches is giving up. not what i would expect from a 10 year old car with a full main dealer history!

Still at leat it has a 12 year anti corrosion warranty, so off to the main staelers on thurs to see if i can get the chimps behind the desk to fix my car FOC under the warranty (hmm i see a big argument happening here!)

process will go somthing like this :-

1, go to dealer they say :no:
2, :dispute:
3, i then get the warranty paperwork out :rtfm:
4, :dunno:
5, :angry:
6, :kill:
havent worked out stage 7 yet will see just how much there going to annoy me!

volviz

Post by volviz » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:37 am

Still at leat it has a 12 year anti corrosion warranty, so off to the main staelers on thurs to see if i can get the chimps behind the desk to fix my car FOC under the warranty (hmm i see a big argument happening here! - I guess they will say that car was used improperly and thus they are not covering it....
Image&ImageImage

Murf

Post by Murf » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:14 pm

You might find its a 12 year anti-perforation warranty rather than just corrosion. Also, they usually insist on a yearly paintwork inspection, usually done with its annual service if it has full dealer history.
Kia Pro'ceed GT 1.6 Turbo
1992 480 Turbo
2007 Focus ST

bkf_uk
480 Rookie

Post by bkf_uk » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Murf wrote:You might find its a 12 year anti-perforation warranty rather than just corrosion. Also, they usually insist on a yearly paintwork inspection, usually done with its annual service if it has full dealer history.
Yep it is, but the rust has been caused by a manufacturing defects. also went to the dealers (not the lazy local one but a major main dealer) they looked at the car filled in the forms without any complaint and now i have to wait to hear from ford head office to see if they will fix it (getting ready for a good fight to the death with that lot!)

The manufacturing defects are known problems by ford and they did issue a recall on all cars with the problems, however it would appear that my local but rather lazy dealership has failed to bother doing the recall work. So as far as im concerned it should be fixed due to the negligence of the local dealer to rectify known problems with the car!

Still fixed the speedo sensor with much swearing, just need to find a way to get the rear drum breaks to shut up!!

bkf_uk
480 Rookie

Post by bkf_uk » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:56 pm

Murf wrote:You might find its a 12 year anti-perforation warranty rather than just corrosion. Also, they usually insist on a yearly paintwork inspection, usually done with its annual service if it has full dealer history.

Had everything ford could ever of wanted to comply with there stupid warranty but they have said the big F off to me.
Not a happy bunny and seriously regret scrapping my volvo.

Ford warranties are not worth the paper they have been printed on! Now seeking legal advice as to how to proceed to court!

I WANT MY 440 BACK!! I WAS WRONG I REGRET MY AFFAIR WITH A FOCUS! I SHOULD OF SAVED A 480!

volviz

Post by volviz » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:08 pm

Show trial?

just drive ford daily till it dies and find nice 480 for weekends ;)
Image&ImageImage

Granny5
480 Newbie

Post by Granny5 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:49 am

Infact its a nice car :)