The Clubpage

Some things just can't be placed elsewhere. Have you been speeding and got fined? Or spotted a nice new Volvo on the web somewhere? All non-480 messages can be posted in this part of the board.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

Speedy1st
Knows where Volvo is from

The Clubpage

Post by Speedy1st » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:57 am

Hey Mates,

What about the Website of the Club? Especially the 480 Gallery says "coming soon" since 2006 when i registered.
The Member Gallerys dont work (at least not for me), and i cant remove a 480 which i sold in my profile (i get a syntax error).
The Market is a good idea but barely used, most of the ads are years old. The Webshop doenst work for ages now.

I think in the last years there could have been an update once a while.

Is there a chance of someone taking care of the website?
Turbo "Collection 306/480"
two wrongs dont make a right, but two wrights make a plane.

coyote1980
Volvo 480 Club Europe CREW

Re: The Clubpage

Post by coyote1980 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:12 pm

It's a long story, but since 2006 my GF and I have been terrorized by a friendly neighbour and then fled to a detached house just outside our city which did need a lot of work (everything was standard sixties plumbing/decoration/electra/etc...) - so the last few years there has been little to no time to work on the clubsite...

I have been working on a mod to integrate the club and forum with each other, and will continue to do so, but in the few spare hours it's not going as fast as I wish :wink:

But on the background work is being done, it'll just take some more time before anyone can see anything 8)
Daniël Wilten
Volvo 480 Turbo Collection 1995 Dark Green Metallic
Club Europe chairman/webmaster/forum admin

Speedy1st
Knows where Volvo is from

Post by Speedy1st » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:45 pm

Sorry to hear that.

But at the same time im looking forward to the things comin up in the future. :)

regards
Turbo "Collection 306/480"
two wrongs dont make a right, but two wrights make a plane.

coyote1980
Volvo 480 Club Europe CREW

Post by coyote1980 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:05 pm

Oh well, it's not all as bad as it sounds, after we moved into this house we were relieved to have nice neighbours and to live in a nice rural village just outside the 'big city' of Groningen. :D The house has underwent most of its major updates so even though a lot of small choirs are still pending I have started to work on several new projects:
- sporting 2-3 times a week
- doing some home studying (Java Spring3 Framework) to expand my software engineering abilities
- experimenting with CMS to see what can replace the current clubsite

So I am ambitious :D And ambition is what led to the current clubsite, so I hope it can also lead to an even better site.

Might be fun to start a topic about functionality I am developing in a CMS. Still have a long long way to go, but you have to start somewhere!
Daniël Wilten
Volvo 480 Turbo Collection 1995 Dark Green Metallic
Club Europe chairman/webmaster/forum admin

Big Brother

Post by Big Brother » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:25 pm

ohh CMS is quite interesting

2001 V70