Time for a Rant

Some things just can't be placed elsewhere. Have you been speeding and got fined? Or spotted a nice new Volvo on the web somewhere? All non-480 messages can be posted in this part of the board.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

Captain Slow
480 Expert

Time for a Rant

Post by Captain Slow » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:54 pm

So, this actually happened about 2 weeks ago, but I managed to almost have 3 separate accidents in 45minutes so I was quite angry.

First, I went shopping. Halfway through reversing out of my space, some joker in a citroen decided she's gonna start coming out, without looking, I saw her start and wondered if she was going to look over her shoulder. But No. She just kept coming for me and I had to drive back into my space to stop her hitting me, even though I was halfway out. MUPPET.

Then, ont way home theres a crossroads with a roundabout, I'm turning right, someone opposite is coming straight on from the opposite road. Or Not. This fool turns right, no indicator. Arse. At least the ABS works and I didnt ram the side of it. And I didnt even have a tailgater come up my rear.

Offload the shopping. Take the 480 back to its garage. Walk back home.

Returning to the roundabout of my previous incident I walk across one of the exits, after checking whats coming from the roundabout, nothing, so I cross. Have you spotted my error? I didnt look what was coming the other way :roll: And indeed, coming the other way was a discovery that almost ran me over. That scared me. I had to speed up somewhat. Understandably the driver of said 4x4 stopped and started :angry: I felt quite angry also, seeing as I had almost been run over. Quite lucky I was that he had seen me, wheras he hadnt spotted a couple of little things in this picture....

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&ll=56 ... 57.83,,0,5

Needless to say I used quite a range of expletives at this idiot and walked off. :badmood: :badmood: :badmood: :badmood:
Previously....
Whitney - 95 N White celebration No.449/480 now with Ladyforatey
Lula - 94 M Volvo 480GT Sold on...
Daphne - 95 M volvo 440si 1.8 73,000K (sold :()

glasgowjim
480 Is my middle name

Re: Time for a Rant

Post by glasgowjim » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:45 pm

Wow you have to be a serious retard to drive the wrong way through the west port :crazy: :nuts:

Murf
Friend of Club 480 Europe

Post by Murf » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:52 pm

Know what you mean, some days you feel like you shouldn't have gotten out of bed! :angry:
Kia Pro'ceed GT 1.6 Turbo
1992 480 Turbo
2007 Focus ST

Captain Slow
480 Expert

Post by Captain Slow » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:11 pm

Yup, I blame it on the influx of tourists not knowing where theyre going/what theyre doing
Previously....

avaconirl
480 Newbie

Post by avaconirl » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:06 pm

Definitly a day to stay in the bed. Thanks for a walk down memory lane used to live in Anstruther and near Leuchers and we used to shop in St Andrews i remember the Lammas fair. There used to be a great toy shop on the market st end of the lane that leads down to the back of the church on south st. Hopefully i will get back there and show the wife a great little city. Jesus just thinking that was 40 odd years ago. Best o luck and remember to look both ways and remember the Green Cross Code. :hopping:

Captain Slow
480 Expert

Post by Captain Slow » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:40 am

avaconirl wrote: Best o luck and remember to look both ways and remember the Green Cross Code. :hopping:
Indeed, I now crane my neck around the west port!

I think the toy shop you mention is no longer there (probably Edinburgh Wollen Mill or somesuch) but theres a great looking one on South Street, just near the west port (Gordon Christie) I wonder if they moved?
Previously....