Road raging white van man.

Some things just can't be placed elsewhere. Have you been speeding and got fined? Or spotted a nice new Volvo on the web somewhere? All non-480 messages can be posted in this part of the board.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

gingherheed
Can tell where the 480 was built

Road raging white van man.

Post by gingherheed » Fri May 28, 2010 3:44 pm

I just have to share this with forum members. I was driving my 480 Turbo and found myself in a long traffic queue. As I got to a mini roundabout I could see that there was a huge volume of traffic joining the road I was on. Nothing I could do, except be patient. I'm not the slowest driver in the world generally but that day I had to just be patient and wait my turn. Behind me was a very large white van. With an impatient driver. Who proceeded to shout expletives (hot day, windows down. Heard the lot). He then started revving his engine and nudging forward. I guess he was trying to intimidate me. Then he started on the horn. I became a tad irritated and decided that I should go and have a little chat with him. As I got out of the car his face was a picture. I could tell from his open mouthed gormless look complete with saucer eyes that he fully expected me to be some doddery old boy with a flat hat and driving gloves. Well I'm not. I'm 6'2" for a start. And 14 stone. And once I'm annoyed then then it's usually time to make yourself scarce. I could see that there were two of them in the van. The sidekick started to look away and pretend nothing was happening. The driver trying desperately to find the central locking and the window winder at the same time. As I got to his door I was fully wound up and decided to let him feel my wraith. It only took me a few seconds to advise him about actions on arriving at a mini roundabout. And where I would insert his steering wheel if he continued beeping. It had the desired effect. Through suddenly dry lips he meakly mumbled something about his wish to get to where he was going. Strangely enough once I got back into my car I didn't hear a sound from him. No swearing, no tooting, no revving. Nothing. So the moral of this story is don't make assumptions about Volvo drivers. Next time it could be me and I might be having a really bad day!

ted clutch
Advanced 480 rookie

Re: Road raging white van man.

Post by ted clutch » Fri May 28, 2010 10:46 pm

:rofl: thats a good job. i know someone who did this to a tailgate lorrydriver. at the lights he uncurled 6'5" of himself and asked the driver he wouldnt be so big out of his cab. doors locked quick.

blackbelt1990
Knows an Aerodeck isn't a 480

Re: Road raging white van man.

Post by blackbelt1990 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:39 pm

Ha! I'm sure I get this all the time... Volvo, doing the speed limit... let's have that... :evil:

Shows a few up from time to time though! :D
My 480 doesn't break... it just rests
[img]http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g181/blackbelt1990/Volvow/sig.jpg[/img]