Joy's and woes of the 440T

Some things just can't be placed elsewhere. Have you been speeding and got fined? Or spotted a nice new Volvo on the web somewhere? All non-480 messages can be posted in this part of the board.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

bkf_uk
480 Rookie

Joy's and woes of the 440T

Post by bkf_uk » Sun May 02, 2010 4:40 pm

Well had rather quite an intresting fortnight with the 440.

We start on the 24th april, having decided to go to castle coombe racetrack to spectate the actionday going on. all was good and watched all the cars, from jap crap to british pish. but i noticed that despite every marque of car was on track a certain marque wasnt! yep no volvo's. so off i went to the admin office and paid my £35 for a track pass, draged the 440 off to be sound checked and off i went. All went well but have decided a turbo auto isnt a good car for track use, the brakes were begging for forgiveness after 2 laps and by the end of the session (20mins) evey warning light on the dash was lit up. also forgot to let the engine run for a while when i came off and the aux water pump decided it wasnt going to work so the turbo had a hissy fit with me and refused to behave (it's ok now though). still got a 120mph out the old girl and wast laughed at too much despite been anialated by 200sx's and skylines. only thing i over took was an mx5. But at least someone flew the flag volvo! Pics of the old girl on track should hopefuly be on the way soon.

So having survived the track and got what i cooked to behave again off i go for the mot, well no suprise she failed. Both front bottom ball joints have too much play. rear brakes needed adjusting and have an advisory about the rusty rear arches. but passed the emissions first time for once.

So now £100 paid and awaiting parts to fix it, then off for the retest. might then consider getting the repair pannels for the rear arches and weld them in. Just got to find a cheap local spray painter to finish the job for me (i can do the welding no probs but cant paint for s**t).

Fingers crossed for thurs eve i might just have another year of fun.
Toys:-
2001 Ford focus (not as much fun as my volvo was!)
94 440 turbo auto (Sent to the main dealer in the sky :cryhard: )
92 Suzuki gn250 (Still in rebuild)