Iphone

Some things just can't be placed elsewhere. Have you been speeding and got fined? Or spotted a nice new Volvo on the web somewhere? All non-480 messages can be posted in this part of the board.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

B18FT - LOVER
Knows an Aerodeck isn't a 480

Iphone

Post by B18FT - LOVER » Wed May 27, 2009 6:32 am

Any body got one of these clever devices ? I got mine just over a week ago and i'm chuffed to bits..
Does every thing my laptop does and makes call's lol

Just wondering if any body has one and was decent applications are out there...

Cheers..

pol
480 Is my middle name

Post by pol » Wed May 27, 2009 10:11 am

Yep, I have one. They are excellent. I used to use Windows Mobile PDA's and every one I have used is crap. Always slow. The apps are good fun but most of them are pointless!

Skype is good.

The new OS3 is rumoured to be released next month, along with the new iPhone.

pol

Speedy1st
Knows where Volvo is from

Post by Speedy1st » Wed May 27, 2009 11:41 am

could need more Ram and the connection of the iphone really sucks here. The battery needs to be better.

And, the IPhone has so much gadgets, especially because of all the apps you can download, but the camera sucks, no zoom without app (wtf?) and no video function.

Oh, and ITunes sucks really bad. I hate it. Its everything but intuitional.

And i cant get rid of the problems with the sound, it just disappears and suddenly comes back anytime. None of the workarounds helped yet, no older version or reset of the whole phone.

Maybe next time it will be a samsung after all, don't know yet. The positive is the IPhone is/was very cheap by comparison.

Nonetheless its fun and has really much gadgets, but i need a phone who has at least an acceptable reception so i can use it - thats more important to me ;)
Turbo "Collection 306/480"
two wrongs dont make a right, but two wrights make a plane.

DaKyy
480 Is my middle name

Post by DaKyy » Wed May 27, 2009 12:39 pm

If iPhone is anything like OSX I don't want to go even near it. The OSX is so awful... :badmood:
Generally Apple products make me ill :D
[url=http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/ahti.peura/Volvo480ES1987RestorationProject#][img]http://www.ihku.org/~dakyy/signature.jpg[/img][/url]

B18FT - LOVER

Post by B18FT - LOVER » Wed May 27, 2009 8:07 pm

Well lad's mixed thoughts there, i personaly wouldn't be with out it now i have perfect signal every where i go and i use the internet all the time, i also like the face book app, ideal for keeping in touch with my mates for free..

All in all very pleased, however i will agree about the battery mine lasts about a day if i use it all the time, but then i have a car kit to charge it so no probs..

chris1roll
Friend of Club 480 Europe

Post by chris1roll » Wed May 27, 2009 9:33 pm

B18FT - LOVER wrote: i have perfect signal every where i go
Can you come and try it out on our ground floor then, I'm fed up with having to stand on the doorstep to send a text or take a call lol.
2001 V70 XC 2.5T
1989 744 GL Auto

Raffadakis
Knows where Volvo is from

Post by Raffadakis » Wed May 27, 2009 10:23 pm

DaKyy wrote:If iPhone is anything like OSX I don't want to go even near it. The OSX is so awful... :badmood:
:cheers: my words! :D

pol
480 Is my middle name

Post by pol » Thu May 28, 2009 1:21 pm

OSX is excellent!

I use it at home. Made the change after the dissapointing Vista was launched. It seemed a bit strange at first as I was so used to using windows, but I wouldn't go back to Microsoft on my own computers now.

Haven't had to re-install since ive had it (couple of years now!) - it's very stable.

I also use Ubuntu as a media server. A bit geeky, but there's much better options than Microsoft out there if you're not afraid of change :lol:

pol

bigdickbuster
480 Expert

Post by bigdickbuster » Thu May 28, 2009 1:56 pm

DaKyy wrote:If iPhone is anything like OSX I don't want to go even near it. The OSX is so awful... :badmood:
I can say the same about Microsoft products
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
1986 480 ES, model year '87, 217 Red - Reliable mate
ex 1990 480 TURBO, model year '90, 231 Red Image This car was a mistake :D

gltease
480 Veteran

Post by gltease » Thu May 28, 2009 2:35 pm

bigdickbuster wrote:
Find me a a desktop operating system thats perfect. They all have strengths and weaknesses.
'88 Volvo 480 ES
'97 Volvo 940 Turbo

Auk

Post by Auk » Thu May 28, 2009 3:57 pm

gltease wrote:
bigdickbuster wrote:
Find me a a desktop operating system thats perfect. They all have strengths and weaknesses.
+1
Auke

Volvo. for life

bigdickbuster
480 Expert

Post by bigdickbuster » Thu May 28, 2009 7:39 pm

Fundamentally I agree with you but.......

I am using both OSX and Windows XP and sometimes Vista. Windows products are a pain in the arse. OSX isn't demonstrating so many mistakes like Win and isn't setting the thousand of questions about updates, mistakes etc.

My favourite annoying gadget is Advice of the Day in Microsoft Word :lol: :lol: :lol:
1986 480 ES, model year '87, 217 Red - Reliable mate
ex 1990 480 TURBO, model year '90, 231 Red Image This car was a mistake :D