******* barstewards

Some things just can't be placed elsewhere. Have you been speeding and got fined? Or spotted a nice new Volvo on the web somewhere? All non-480 messages can be posted in this part of the board.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

bkf_uk
480 Rookie

******* barstewards

Post by bkf_uk » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:17 am

Well looks like the volvo is off to the dealer in the sky! :cryhard: went to the local shop to get some cash and lunch before i drove to work, the starter played up so went home to get my persuader only to return to the car to find it trashed! wipers have been ripped clean off, locks are completly buggerd, drivers door has the weather strip missing and a screwdriver rammed down the top to try to pop the lock and the windscreen is cracked. cost of reapir is more than the value of the car (windscreen is £450 on it's own!). if i ever see that buch of chavs that where paying my car a lil too much attention when it wouldnt start, i wont be held responsible of my actions against them! :kill: :kill: :kill: :kill:

Also paint work is so scratched the car would need a full respray and the insurance excess is the same as the value of the car!

I HATE ALL CHAVS! THEY MUST BE EXTERMINATED!!!
:badmood: :angry:

Rant over!
:cryhard: :cryhard:
Toys:-
2001 Ford focus (not as much fun as my volvo was!)
94 440 turbo auto (Sent to the main dealer in the sky :cryhard: )
92 Suzuki gn250 (Still in rebuild)

480 Tatey
Can tell where the 480 was built

Post by 480 Tatey » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:38 am

WTF!!!! I hate little tossers like that! Why piss around with someones car that they have payed money for and take care over!?? They need a screwdriver ramming up their nose!!!!! Sorry to hear about that mate. Try your local scrap yard mate?

Owen :D
Volvo 480 Celebration 19/480 now sold. Gutted.

http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg283/Tateys480/

esta
480 Is my middle name

Post by esta » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:03 pm

I am so sorry to hear about this. :cryhard:

Although the damage done to my car was minute compared to yours, I know exactly how you feel, knowing some nasty light fingered tramp couldnt keep there hands to themselves and has been touching your pride n joy. Seriously, I could go on for days ranting on how people cant just respect others belongings, why do they have to touch and meddle?

So is this it for Ovlovs then... :eek:
[img]http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o100/estamace/logo.jpg[/img]

There are a number of mechanical devices which increase sexual arousal, particularly in women. Chief among these is the Volvo 480 ;)

WANT: 480 GT-Turbo & Jaguar XJR-S
HAVE: Jaguar XJ40 4l Sov
HAD: 480 GT (Lula) & 480 ES (Lulu), Mk4 XR3i (Wall*E), Rover 416i (Junior-R.I.P. bud), X2 (Percy) & Tahiti (Tati)

www.projectjaguar.co.uk

bkf_uk
480 Rookie

Post by bkf_uk » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:13 pm

What realy gets me annoyed is the fact of why where they trying to steal it? they knew it wouldnt start! and the fact that it says "TOAD" all over as well, so they know it also has a thatcham cat 1 alarm and imobiliser! they must of thought "well if we cant have it NO ONE will!" Grr realy annoyed and the worst part is if i cant get the windsreen done cheap i cant afford to buy another car, so they realy have fucked me up! Another thing why did they want in? they even saw me take the stereo out as well! there was nothing worth stealing!!!
:kill: :kill: :kill: :kill:

Police brutality is what these lil gits need. (talking of police when they going to get here and take the print off it! it's bloody freezing waiting here in a car park!)

esta
480 Is my middle name

Post by esta » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:37 pm

Its not really the police brutality that is needed, if corporal punishment was bought back in school, these louts would grow up knowing that they cant just do what they want when they want, they would be instilled discipline and decency. And to be fair, its prob the parents fault too. I, for example, wouldnt even think about harming anothers belongings, if my dad caught wind of it my life wouldnt be worth living!! :lol: Seriously, a bit of fear and pride does no harm!! :kill:

O and chavs cant read..if they could, they would also have seen the TOAD stickers on the windows of my car when they pulled the door corners down!

There are a number of mechanical devices which increase sexual arousal, particularly in women. Chief among these is the Volvo 480 ;)

HAD: 480 GT (Lula) & 480 ES (Lulu), Mk4 XR3i (Wall*E), Rover 416i (Junior-R.I.P. bud), X2 (Percy) & Tahiti (Tati)

www.projectjaguar.co.uk

glasgowjim
480 Is my middle name

Post by glasgowjim » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:47 pm

if only they had known they could have removed your rear side windows in far less than a minute with no damage done (I can do it in under 30 secs.)

esta
480 Is my middle name

Post by esta » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:30 pm

glasgowjim wrote: (I can do it in under 30 secs.)
Alright, no one likes a show off :rofl:

www.projectjaguar.co.uk

Cerberus
480 Expert

Post by Cerberus » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:39 pm

And if you have bit of para cord with you... You can whang it back in
in about the same amount of time...

Not that me 'n' GJ had a mis-spent youth or anything...

*whistles innocently*

C
[img]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k237/Cerberus74/DC_SIG_GHETTO.jpg[/img]
[url=http://www.digital-car.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=9446]My digital-car.co.uk Install Thread[/url]

eEm
Can tell where the 480 was built

Post by eEm » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:44 pm

Theft is second only to rape! Only because murder is justified if someone steals from you. My lil' bro was almost robbed at 14:00 in the afternoon getting cash for his holiday by 6 hoodies who followed him out of range of the cctv. They threatened him with a knife but he stood his ground and called their bluff and recognised one of them from school, who has now been charged.

I don't think that the problem is just down to discipline at school, its as much to do with the parenting and the attitude of the general public. You see these so-called-experts actually advising people not to get involved if they see anti-social behaviour or assault etc taking place in public. We wonder why the country is in such a state of social decline but very few people are willing to get stuck in and do something about it. Most people would rather sit at home bleeting at the TV and if they saw someone being attacked they would stand back and call the police!

The way I see it is if criminals knew that the general public were willing to get stuck in they would think twice about comitting crime. The general population is far larger than the police force.
Why won't God heal amputees?

Murf
Friend of Club 480 Europe

Post by Murf » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:19 pm

Car crime, eh? Gotta love it!
After failing to steal my GT4 the lovely chaps came back to steal my mx5, once again they failed!
So thats 2-0 to me, so far, i wonder when they are coming back for my MR2??
Got a new window for £30, only took half an hour to fit. Took bloody ages to clean up all the glass though and i'm still trying to find a new steering lock! :?

Kia Pro'ceed GT 1.6 Turbo
1992 480 Turbo
2007 Focus ST

martinholmesuk
Friend of Club 480 Europe

Post by martinholmesuk » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:34 am

My Subaru Legacy turbo in New Zealand was taken but lucky it run of fuel not so far away as they take them to the river bed and race before burning them out.

Decided to lock it down after that.

Volvo 940 Turbo 19T (real Volvo :P)
Audi TT

Ral
Knows an Aerodeck isn't a 480

Post by Ral » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:28 am

Ouch :( If you ever catch them, I hear wrapping your baseball bat in thick cloth lessens external bruising...

Not sure what's happening atm, but I might get my old 480 back which is sound all but the clutch/gear selectors. Will know more after the weekend although of course that doesn't help you right now and I am just about on a straight line east the other side of the country from you. But if you're interested, I will keep you up to date.

bkf_uk
480 Rookie

Post by bkf_uk » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:44 am

Well a well undeserved trip to the scrappy resolved most issues, cant be arsed fixing the screen, will wait till mot (and insurance renewal!) to repair that, only thing i realy need is a pair of 440 front wiper arms, 480 ones are a lil diffrent, and althogh do the job, seeing as my bonnet is now the right colour i dont want the paint ripped off it (the wipper arms just touch the edge of the bonnet when at full extension) as for security, ive installed a mutt!