CREDIT CRUNCH

Some things just can't be placed elsewhere. Have you been speeding and got fined? Or spotted a nice new Volvo on the web somewhere? All non-480 messages can be posted in this part of the board.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

benwalllker
Knows where Volvo is from

CREDIT CRUNCH

Post by benwalllker » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:10 pm

weve all heard about it, anyone struggling with the running of there 480s over it?

i got the great news that my ferm is making redundancys today, yay! so if i loose my job poor old tony might have to go if i cant get another job quick enough :cryhard:

esta
480 Is my middle name

Post by esta » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:26 pm

Crossing our fingers for you :D x
[img]http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o100/estamace/logo.jpg[/img]

There are a number of mechanical devices which increase sexual arousal, particularly in women. Chief among these is the Volvo 480 ;)

WANT: 480 GT-Turbo & Jaguar XJR-S
HAVE: Jaguar XJ40 4l Sov
HAD: 480 GT (Lula) & 480 ES (Lulu), Mk4 XR3i (Wall*E), Rover 416i (Junior-R.I.P. bud), X2 (Percy) & Tahiti (Tati)

www.projectjaguar.co.uk

Big Brother

Post by Big Brother » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:50 pm

I lost my job because of it but I found another one within a week. Only thing is my daily commute has gone from an easy 4 miles a day to 72!!

Still atleast it doesn't cost the world to run my cars, love LPG :D

2001 V70

martinholmesuk
Friend of Club 480 Europe

Post by martinholmesuk » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:36 pm

6 pot BMW!

I'm drilling for oil in the back garden!

EDIT:- The sound of 6 pot righteousness is grand!
Volvo 940 Turbo 19T (real Volvo :P)
Audi TT

Cerberus
480 Expert

Post by Cerberus » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:00 pm

6 pot JAG!

Am also drilling for oil in the back garden!

:(

C
[img]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k237/Cerberus74/DC_SIG_GHETTO.jpg[/img]
[url=http://www.digital-car.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=9446]My digital-car.co.uk Install Thread[/url]

Yossarian
Knows an Aerodeck isn't a 480

Post by Yossarian » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:12 pm

The "credit crunch" will not affect running costs of the 480. Car parts have not sky rocketed, neither has the labour rates of garages, and petrol has gone down.

My 480 is effectively giving me free motoring at the moment.
[b]2.0ES.[/b] - [b][url=http://volvo480.dragons.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17327]Sold[/url][/b].

Hopefully for 2009 - 1.7 Turbo.

eEm
Can tell where the 480 was built

Post by eEm » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:59 pm

Can't imagine the credit crunch will ever affect me, you can't really cut the workforce in my trade. I'm more worried about whether to go for a C36 AMG or a 300CE-24 for the daily driver as the Celleb only does 28-35mpg so consumption won't be much different or insurance for that matter.
Why won't God heal amputees?

Big Brother

Post by Big Brother » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:43 am

What trade are you in eEm

2001 V70

480 Tatey

Post by 480 Tatey » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:49 am

Im not being affected in the good old furniture trade since all this credit crunch our sales went badly quiet for 2 weeks then it all kicked off after that were doing a little better than last year!
So my 480 is staying put ..... if it bahaves itself and stops breaking!!!! :lol:
Volvo 480 Celebration 19/480 now sold. Gutted.

http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg283/Tateys480/

eEm

Post by eEm » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:16 pm

volvo-bigbrother wrote:What trade are you in eEm
I'm a serveillance officer for the imigration service, I watch brown people for a living ;) Not for long hopefully, I've applied to join the Royal Artillery Forward Observers Regiment so fingers crossed I won't be paying taxes to our bloated fascist government for much longer!

esta
480 Is my middle name

Post by esta » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:07 pm

eEm wrote:
I'm a serveillance officer for the imigration service, I watch brown people for a living ;) Not for long hopefully, I've applied to join the Royal Artillery Forward Observers Regiment so fingers crossed I won't be paying taxes to our bloated fascist government for much longer!
Yeh one thing that will never slow down even in a credit crunch is the number of foreigners coming into this country, taking our homes, jobs, money, even our lives sometimes... :angry:

PS good luck eEm ;)

There are a number of mechanical devices which increase sexual arousal, particularly in women. Chief among these is the Volvo 480 ;)

HAD: 480 GT (Lula) & 480 ES (Lulu), Mk4 XR3i (Wall*E), Rover 416i (Junior-R.I.P. bud), X2 (Percy) & Tahiti (Tati)

www.projectjaguar.co.uk

glasgowjim
480 Is my middle name

Post by glasgowjim » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:13 pm

keep the scots out of this Oh I forgot we only take your 480's :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

eEm

Post by eEm » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:25 pm

Aww fanks babes :D I'm pretty sure its in the bag, just need to pass the medical in January and perfect my northern accent and I'm in. Then I'll be watching brown people from a muddy hole instead of a van :rofl:

Seriously though its always worth planning ahead so we should all get to planting a vegetable patch and stock-piling candles, water, canned food and ammo just incase the western world does collapse.

eEm

Post by eEm » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:29 pm

glasgowjim wrote:keep the scots out of this Oh I forgot we only take your 480's :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Jocks aren't exactly foreigners though are ya!?

Remember 'Prima Nocta'?

Huh, do ya?

Remember?

:hopping: :hopping: :hopping:

If I wasn't French-Irish we could be related!

Big Brother

Post by Big Brother » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:58 am

eEm wrote:
I'm a serveillance officer for the imigration service
Were you on UK Boarder Force last night? :lol:

2001 V70

Ral

Post by Ral » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:36 am

Yossarian wrote:The "credit crunch" will not affect running costs of the 480. Car parts have not sky rocketed, neither has the labour rates of garages, and petrol has gone down.

My 480 is effectively giving me free motoring at the moment.
Well, it does a bit for me. I've been driving a crappy Golf Driver since I tested the structural integrity of a Celeb against a Disco and now find that the 3 insurance groups difference between it and another 480 is a bit too steep to afford driving another one for another year at least. So I'm looking to find a nice 440 instead :P

Brasco
480 Is my middle name

Post by Brasco » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:28 am

esta wrote:Yeh one thing that will never slow down even in a credit crunch is the number of foreigners coming into this country, taking our homes, jobs, money, even our lives sometimes... :angry:
Yeah, bloody foreigners, coming into the country, building our houses, taking the jobs none of us want to do, for less money than we'd accept... who do they think they are?! You can even get a plumber... and he'll be cheap... things aren't like the good old days! :(
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/Brasco480/myelan3.jpg[/img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/Brasco480/SV400024rip-1.jpg[/img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/Brasco480/fc85e36c.jpg[/img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/Brasco480/SV400044-1.jpg[/img]

guitarcarfanatic
480 Is my middle name

Post by guitarcarfanatic » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:16 pm

Brasco wrote:
esta wrote:Yeh one thing that will never slow down even in a credit crunch is the number of foreigners coming into this country, taking our homes, jobs, money, even our lives sometimes... :angry:
Yeah, bloody foreigners, coming into the country, building our houses, taking the jobs none of us want to do, for less money than we'd accept... who do they think they are?! You can even get a plumber... and he'll be cheap... things aren't like the good old days! :(
My thoughts exactly Brasco. There are loads of jobs out there, just people not willing to do them. Immigrants are merely filling that gap and boosting our economy with the taxes they are paying. Amen to immigrants. The only problem is, as work becomes more competitive, it gives more excuses to work shy layabouts to sit on their benefits. My girlfriend is a manager at a shop and they were recruiting through the Jobcentre. People would come along to the interview, as soon as Tracy said it might involve teh occasional Saturday, they would say Nope can't do that, and go to back the jobcentre to say they were still looking for work as the job couldn't fit in with their busy tenant special brew life. I'm all for benefits going to people tha need them but when it is so easy for someone not to work, thats when we have a problem. This summer when I was back from uni I phoned a job agency and was working the enxt day making boxes in a factory. Boring work but easy and took me one phone call to find. I say bring on the immigrants. We are going to need all the taxes the government can get to support the growing benefit cheat culture.

Rant over.
1996 Saab 9000 CSE 2litre EcoTurbo

Previously...
Peugeot 406 executive TD - The devil!

1991 Red Turbo - Great condition and surprisingly un-rusty!

1989 Light Blue metallic Turbo - Sold!

1993 Steel grey S - Bought for parts

1990 Red ES - Now resting in car heaven!

1989 Black ES - Great runner

1989 Black ES - Spares Car. I murdered it!

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:32 pm

Brasco wrote:
Absolutely.

Less attention should be paid to the Daily "WE'RE ALL DOOMED" Mail. In fact no attention at all should be paid to it.
[b]2.0ES.[/b] - [b][url=http://volvo480.dragons.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17327]Sold[/url][/b].

Hopefully for 2009 - 1.7 Turbo.

esta
480 Is my middle name

Post by esta » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:57 pm

Brasco wrote:
Alrirght alright! I just find it hard fitting into Brum when everything in Devon WAS done by English people...cleaning...building houses, doing any jobs etc etc and where people were polite and curteous and willing to lend a hand without wanting anything in return. Its just the way I have seen it

Plus I must add that I feel resentful that I am scrimping and saving and I cant get anywhere near buying a house, I struggle renting, I cant afford to waste money on things such as TV licenses and other luxuries-even the net, which I only use at my mates, and yet I notice foreigners coming over here, grabbing nice houses, getting more in benefits than I do earning, and it just makes me feel resentful, which was really what my gripe at foreigners was about.

www.projectjaguar.co.uk