CREDIT CRUNCH

Some things just can't be placed elsewhere. Have you been speeding and got fined? Or spotted a nice new Volvo on the web somewhere? All non-480 messages can be posted in this part of the board.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

glasgowjim
480 Is my middle name

Post by glasgowjim » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:23 pm

@eem maybe we are as i am scots irish ;)

Yossarian
Knows an Aerodeck isn't a 480

Post by Yossarian » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:07 pm

esta - I can understand that; it seems your anger should be directed at the Government's benefits policies in general.
[b]2.0ES.[/b] - [b][url=http://volvo480.dragons.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17327]Sold[/url][/b].

Hopefully for 2009 - 1.7 Turbo.

eEm
Can tell where the 480 was built

Post by eEm » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:49 pm

glasgowjim wrote:@eem maybe we are as i am scots irish ;)
So we're both foreigners then really (don't tell Esta :lol: )

Although I haven't been on 'UK Boarder Patrol' I have lived in Devon for a few years and I do know what Esta means and I did go to school in the most multi-cultural town in Europe (Bedford). I'm not for a minute saying that all immigrants are here to steal our jobs but a massive proportion of them are here because of our benefit system and the fact that everyone is given 3chances to appeal against a denial of asylum.

I was knifed whilst helping a man in to an ambulance after he was mugged by 20+ foreign youths the night before I moved to Devon for uni. I spent 6years in Devon where you can start a conversation with a stranger without being attacked, people say please AND thank-you, its a totally different world. Moving back to London was a shock to the system to say the least. But the reason I moved back was because I couldn't find a decent paid job down there, after being turned down by the Police because I wasn't Asian, Gay or Female (but that's beside the point :rofl: )

Not really sure what my point is now! I suppose its that we should just feel lucky that we can even have this debate, we've got so many rights its unreal. I wonder whether the benefits cheats are worried about the credit crunch
Why won't God heal amputees?

Big Brother

Post by Big Brother » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:13 am

Well living in Rural North Wales the first time I drove through Brun was a bit of a shock for me, guess you could call it little India.

2001 V70

esta
480 Is my middle name

Post by esta » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:43 pm

@ Yossarian thanks for understanding, I would really hate to upset you ;)

@ eEm So we're both foreigners then really (don't tell Esta ) :rofl: I love you all ;)

@ VBB Yes Brum is terrible in some places :shock:

@ eEm (again!) Devon is LOVELY, and like you said, you all say hello to someone whilst taking the dog for a walk! And as about the system, I was shocked as a potential child bearing member of public, to find out how many polish women come over here to use OUR free healthcare services to give birth with all our great medicine and cleaniness, whilst a british born lady was turned away in full labour to the next nearest hospital cos all these Poles had taken the spare beds!!! :eek:
Last edited by esta on Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o100/estamace/logo.jpg[/img]

There are a number of mechanical devices which increase sexual arousal, particularly in women. Chief among these is the Volvo 480 ;)

WANT: 480 GT-Turbo & Jaguar XJR-S
HAVE: Jaguar XJ40 4l Sov
HAD: 480 GT (Lula) & 480 ES (Lulu), Mk4 XR3i (Wall*E), Rover 416i (Junior-R.I.P. bud), X2 (Percy) & Tahiti (Tati)

www.projectjaguar.co.uk

Big Brother

Post by Big Brother » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:47 pm

We love you too esta

2001 V70

Yossarian
Knows an Aerodeck isn't a 480

Post by Yossarian » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:54 pm

esta wrote:@ Yossarian thanks for understanding, I would really hate to upset you ;)
:P

Seriously though, I am open minded but I was really shocked when I found myself driving through parts of Birmingham. It was like entering a whole new community, shops, even cars changed.
[b]2.0ES.[/b] - [b][url=http://volvo480.dragons.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17327]Sold[/url][/b].

Hopefully for 2009 - 1.7 Turbo.

eEm
Can tell where the 480 was built

Post by eEm » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:12 pm

@ Esta, I wouldn't worry too much about being turned away from an NHS hospital! unless you're having a heart attack or want MRSA :rofl: Just stick to super-glue for cuts and ice for bruises

@ Yossarin, no cues! just elbows and beards and Toyotas with beaded seat cushions being driven everywhere in 5th :lol:
Why won't God heal amputees?

glasgowjim
480 Is my middle name

Post by glasgowjim » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:25 pm

years ago I had a little part time business when I got a cv unsolicited through post from a young asian woman looking for a job no SAE only a return address. So needless to say I ignored the letter (binned it straightaway) some time later she phoned up enquiring if I had recieved her application I explained hat we recruited by personal recommendation only! Then I got the usual you didnt employ me because I am an asian well I didnt miss her and hit the wall cheeky bastard trying that stunt on me needless to say I never heard from her again .

Useless tight bastard !

Useless because with an attitude like that it would be difficult o operate as a team when someone has a chip on shoulder agenda.
Tight because why should I be out an expense to satisify anyone else.
Bastard trying to threaten me with that racist crap.

I recruited on proven ability not on notional quotas or political up your ass correctness.

rant over.

god that felt good :angry:

DaKyy
480 Is my middle name

Post by DaKyy » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:56 am

Anyone out of their job yet? There seems to be a lot of lay-offs & people getting fired here in Finland. Almost as if companies are firing people just to be safe.

This is not just a recession any more.

I'm still hanging on to my job but you just cant be sure of anything at the moment...
[url=http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/ahti.peura/Volvo480ES1987RestorationProject#][img]http://www.ihku.org/~dakyy/signature.jpg[/img][/url]

Captain Crunch
Started learning about 480

Post by Captain Crunch » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:29 am

Three of my colleagues at the IT department will probably loose their job this summer.
I don't think there is any danger for me though as my tasks are quite specialized and the need for them is increasing all the time.
480's never die, they just transcend.
Jens Lumbye
Storfors, Sweden

Big Brother

Post by Big Brother » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:56 pm

I lost my job in September but found another one a week later. Our business is doing very well at the moment and we have a huge project this year implementing Microsoft's CRM system. I think I was lucky to get the job as that same week all the major companies were laying people off.

2001 V70

JohnTurbo
Friend of Club 480 Europe

Post by JohnTurbo » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:34 pm

My company sells products which are the cheapest of their type, consequently times are not as hard as expected.

They have just spanked $600k (US) on tooling for something i designed though....that could well be their downfall. lol.
Past:
94 Turbo - Red
94 Turbo - Black (Converted from NA 2.0)
92 Turbo - Red
90 Turbo - Silver
Now:
00 Exige
15 GKD Legend
16 Skoda Superb

Captain Crunch
Started learning about 480

Post by Captain Crunch » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:55 pm

I just want to clarify that the Credit Crunch was not of my doing
:rofl:
480's never die, they just transcend.
Jens Lumbye
Storfors, Sweden

DaKyy
480 Is my middle name

Post by DaKyy » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:32 pm

Today a small finnish mobile phone manufacturer announced lay-offs for 2500 persons. I'm one of them :?

More time for fixing Volvo I guess :P
[url=http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/ahti.peura/Volvo480ES1987RestorationProject#][img]http://www.ihku.org/~dakyy/signature.jpg[/img][/url]

lee
480 Is my middle name

Post by lee » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:34 pm

i find out in 2 weeks if i still have a job. Worrying time with wife kids house dog and cars. We are down to just one car on the road to save a little extra just incase. Even if i am lucky and dont loose my job they want to cut our money by a 3rd so might as well join the benefits que as i cant afford to by my bills losing a 3rd of my wage.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

esta
480 Is my middle name

Post by esta » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:58 pm

@ DaKyy-I am so sorry to hear of this! Its such bad news! Its good news for your 480 I guess, but I wish you all the best getting yourself sorted with a new job and that.

@ Lee-What a bummer! And a new born as well!! Crossing my fingers for you, and hopefully benefits will be able to help you with your wage loss as well.

Seriously, both of you, good luck ...

There are a number of mechanical devices which increase sexual arousal, particularly in women. Chief among these is the Volvo 480 ;)

HAD: 480 GT (Lula) & 480 ES (Lulu), Mk4 XR3i (Wall*E), Rover 416i (Junior-R.I.P. bud), X2 (Percy) & Tahiti (Tati)

www.projectjaguar.co.uk

lee
480 Is my middle name

Post by lee » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:24 pm

esta Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:58 pm Post subject:

@ DaKyy-I am so sorry to hear of this! Its such bad news! Its good news for your 480 I guess, but I wish you all the best getting yourself sorted with a new job and that.

@ Lee-What a bummer! And a new born as well!! Crossing my fingers for you, and hopefully benefits will be able to help you with your wage loss as well.

Seriously, both of you, good luck ...
benefits :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I'm white, british, straight, married, kids, dog and own a house that means i get nout!!!
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

benwalllker
Knows where Volvo is from

Post by benwalllker » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:44 pm

two lads got laid off at my place a while back, but they all love me too much to get rid of me, i hope. although my payrise never came through:(:(:(:(:(

esta
480 Is my middle name

Post by esta » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:36 pm

lee wrote:
benefits :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I'm white, british, straight, married, kids, dog and own a house that means i get nout!!!
As I said...I'm corssing my fingers! :rofl:

Benefits are rediculous, when I was struggling when I first moved out of my house to move up to W.Midlands, I went and asked some advice from one of those places and you know what the woman said?

"You're under 21, so you won't get anything I'm afraid...You could always try getting pregnant?"

AND SHE WAS DEADLY SERIOUS!!!! :eek: Jeez, what a nation we live in!!!

www.projectjaguar.co.uk