Passengers side mirror surround wanted.

Cleaned up the garage and found some parts you want to sell? Or are you looking for that one part? You can advertise or request just about anything that has to do with the Volvo 480 in here: brochures, towing-hooks, antenna's, etc etc...

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

richard-smyth
Knows where Volvo is from

Passengers side mirror surround wanted.

Post by richard-smyth » Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:12 am

'ow do ? Pudsey me Volvo 480 was awful noisy this morning which turned out to be spinning jennies and leaves in the cabin fan, but unfortunately knocked the passengers side mirror when leaning over into the engine bay. The mirror surround fell off as the front surround screw hole lugs had all broken off. The mirror surround has been wobbly for a while since going shopping on a Saturday afternoon at Asda a few months ago, the car park was heaving.
So I'm after the front part of passenger side mirror surround, mine is black.
Cheers, Richard Smyth.

dcwalker
480 Is my middle name

Re: Passengers side mirror surround wanted.

Post by dcwalker » Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:36 pm

richard-smyth wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:12 am
'ow do ? Pudsey me Volvo 480 was awful noisy this morning which turned out to be spinning jennies and leaves in the cabin fan, but unfortunately knocked the passengers side mirror when leaning over into the engine bay. The mirror surround fell off as the front surround screw hole lugs had all broken off. The mirror surround has been wobbly for a while since going shopping on a Saturday afternoon at Asda a few months ago, the car park was heaving.
So I'm after the front part of passenger side mirror surround, mine is black.
Cheers, Richard Smyth.
The four lugs for the front of the mirror surround are notoriously fragile. I seem to recall I'd already fixed the surround (as far as possible) when I had the car...if it got clouted in a car park that won't have done it any good at all :(

I'll check what I've got by way of spares, Richard - by memory I'm not that hopeful though...

David
Current: 1994 480 GT, 1996 460 CD & 1997 440 LE with lots of optional extras & 2007 V50 SE Sport
Previous: Celebration 331 (re-homed with Richard S), Celebration 467 (returned to Martin Mc); Celebration 346 (re-homed with Alan480); Celebration 269 (scrapped abandoned project), Celebration 73 (sold on after 6 years), 1992 ES, 1988 ES - and numerous other non-480 Volvos!

dragonflyjewels
480 Is my middle name

Post by dragonflyjewels » Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:40 pm

I assume you mean the colour coded cap ? If so, it's storm grey, the same as the rest of the car. Looks black, until you put it up against black or the sun catches it at the right angle to show the bluey purple undertone.
Sylvia

Snazzy - 1993 Paris Blue ES red dipstick 2.0i bought 2001
Lethal Lily - 1991 White Turbo
Paris the Unicorn - 1991 Paris Edition
hubby has
Sven - 1994 Racing Green GT
Evil Eva - 1992 Paris Blue Turbo

no previous 480s - can't bear to sell any

richard-smyth

Post by richard-smyth » Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:44 pm

Thanks. Its not the cap I am after, its the surround around the mirror itself, which is black plastic.
Cheers, Richard.

richard-smyth

Post by richard-smyth » Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:19 pm

Between rain storms had a good look at the faulty passenger mirror and the Cap also has damaged clips as well as the mirror surround.
Have done a good enough for now temporary fix, which I know will probably become permanent.
Will add them to the list of useful bits to keep an eye out for.
Cheers, Richard.

richard-smyth

Post by richard-smyth » Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:58 am

Just out of interest, is the mirror Cap and surround the same parts on the other Volvo 400 series cars ?
Could I get them off a 440/460 or are they a different design ?
Cheers, Richard.