Wanted: N/S Front Wing, Paris Blue

Cleaned up the garage and found some parts you want to sell? Or are you looking for that one part? You can advertise or request just about anything that has to do with the Volvo 480 in here: brochures, towing-hooks, antenna's, etc etc...

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

nicklee
480 Newbie

Wanted: N/S Front Wing, Paris Blue

Post by nicklee » Mon May 23, 2022 11:08 am

Hi all,
As suggested in the topic line, I'm after a passenger side front wing in Paris Blue (code 318). My current wing has rusted through in the sill (and beyond!) and I'm entertaining the option of just replacing rather than welding. I have an O/S wing in the correct colour ready to go on the other side, but a pair would be nice...

My attachment to my 195,000 mile non-ULEZ compliant ES becomes more and more irrational with every rise at the pumps ;) I know the cars have a bad rep for electronics, but it's the bodywork that I struggle with, especially at this kind of mileage.

Thanks!
1992 Paris Blue 480 ES

Irolllowvo
480 Newbie

Re: Wanted: N/S Front Wing, Paris Blue

Post by Irolllowvo » Tue May 24, 2022 7:09 pm

Hi Nick, if you do get stuck I have spare wings in good order in other colours. A respray on a panel shouldn't be too costly from a half decent body shop.
I have a Paris blue turbo myself with an identical but maybe not as bad issue, fortunately I have a replacement ready for her.
:boom:

nicklee
480 Newbie

Re: Wanted: N/S Front Wing, Paris Blue

Post by nicklee » Wed May 25, 2022 4:39 pm

Thanks very much, I'll bear that in mind. I'm off to have the MOT done next week, and I think I'll make a decision on the basis of that. The paintwork on the n/s of my car is in much worse condition than everywhere else (reason unknown) so it'd probably make sense to have the whole flank resprayed in one go!
1992 Paris Blue 480 ES