Wanted : Oil pressure sender for auxiliary gauges

Cleaned up the garage and found some parts you want to sell? Or are you looking for that one part? You can advertise or request just about anything that has to do with the Volvo 480 in here: brochures, towing-hooks, antenna's, etc etc...

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

aidanmorris
Started learning about 480

Wanted : Oil pressure sender for auxiliary gauges

Post by aidanmorris » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:29 pm

Hello

I'm looking for an oil pressure sender that works with the auxiliary gauges. Has anyone got a spare one?

Many thanks
1967 Land Rover Series IIA SWB
1995 Volvo 480 Celebration (sold)
2003 Condor Squadra and 2008 Condor Italia (2 wheels, no engines!)

Espada
Started learning about 480

Re: Wanted : Oil pressure sender for auxiliary gauges

Post by Espada » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:22 pm

I have just had the same problem and solved it this way.

80psi universal oil pressure sender with two poles, one for the oil pressure gauge and the other for the lamp. I selected the 1/8 npt thread size as although there might be one with the correct thread, I could not see the clearance to fit it direct. 1/8npt is also universal, should the sender fail I can always obtain another.

An adaptor for the block M18x1.5 to 1/8 npt. M18x1.5 is the thread size for the old oil pressure switch in my 2ltr.

And to provide more clearance an 1/8npt male to 1/8npt female adaptor 45degrees.

Screw the first adaptor to the block, the angle adaptor was then fitted and rotated so the universal sender would clear all obstructions. Once all ok, fit the oil pressure sender.

The result looks cleaner than that by Volvo, all parts are clean, new and it all works.

All parts sourced though ebay.

Obviously you will need to check the thread size in the block as I noticed that different thread sizes are listed for the original oil pressure switch, yours might be different to mine.

Failing obtaining the original parts, hope this helps.

Regards