sound system for sale.

Cleaned up the garage and found some parts you want to sell? Or are you looking for that one part? You can advertise or request just about anything that has to do with the Volvo 480 in here: brochures, towing-hooks, antenna's, etc etc...

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

svenska axel
Started learning about 480

sound system for sale.

Post by svenska axel » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:55 pm

i have for sale if anyone interested the sound equipment for my 480 . nikkai 400w 4 channel power amplifier with 4 rca inputs. four boss 400w peak 6.5 inch component speakers ie 4 separate tweeters and 4 crossover hi/low filter boxes so the speakers only get the frequencies they best respond to. dont be fooled by the standard fit size, that kind of power in a small speaker punches your head off with crisp undistorted sound. component speakers perform like common co-axial cant. also large 1 farad power supply capacitor with top mounted digital voltage display and safety/low voltage cutout if you run your battery down. again this thing really crisps up the power supply to the sound system so the speakers cant really punch without any voltage drop and distortion you would otherwise get from a 12v car battey and decent sound system. gold plated rca leads and connectors, several lengths of oxygen free chunky copper speaker wire, heavy gauge power supply wire. it can take your ear off but was mainly chosen for high quality sound at reasonable volume levels, as its sounds beautiful when not being pushed. will get pictures up if anyone interested. btw the amp fits nicely under a 480 passenger seat, power cap behind trim above passenger footwell. in case any is unfamiliar with decent component speakers, these will out do average 6x9 speakers both on power and quality without the need for a parcel shelf. non of it had much use and been stored inside since removed from my first 480, never got round to fitting in my second 480. the speakers are propperly sized larger than the amp and the power cap can handle pleanty more than both so non of this has been damaged by over driving. 1 farad cap can handle upto 1000w system. 100 quid the lot and youre stealing it. the speakers alone cost that.

doingitsideways
480 Expert

Re: sound system for sale.

Post by doingitsideways » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:36 am

May well be intereted in this little lot...

How much to post though?!

Steve :hopping:
"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's an electrical fault!"
Hammers can't fix a 480!!!

Sellgren
480 Newbie

Post by Sellgren » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:17 am

Hello

Im also interested, sent you a PM.

/ Tommy

svenska axel

Post by svenska axel » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:22 am

sorry i will reply in a while, too busy at the moments. thanks. been roped into a big job.

svenska axel

Post by svenska axel » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:50 pm

doingitsideways wrote:May well be intereted in this little lot...

How much to post though?!

Steve :hopping:
I will have to find out for you. i have no idea at the moment.