Wanted sunroof pins

Cleaned up the garage and found some parts you want to sell? Or are you looking for that one part? You can advertise or request just about anything that has to do with the Volvo 480 in here: brochures, towing-hooks, antenna's, etc etc...

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

lincoln480
480 Newbie

Wanted sunroof pins

Post by lincoln480 » Sun May 12, 2013 6:00 pm

volvo part number 3345816
If any one can help me source these i would be eternally grateful.
If i don't stop the wind noise from my sunroof i shall have to get rid of the car.It's driving me crazy at anything above 60. :nuts:

chriskay
Friend of Club 480 Europe

Re: Wanted sunroof pins

Post by chriskay » Mon May 13, 2013 1:53 pm

Good luck with your search. I had a pair until quite recently. Do Volvo no longer have them? It's usually possible to push the sunroof down by hand, then some gaffer tape would stop the noise.
2 Kings; Chapter 9 Verse 20

lincoln480
480 Newbie

Post by lincoln480 » Mon May 13, 2013 2:49 pm

Hi Chris.I've tried just about everywhere with no luck.
Yes it's easy enough to close by hand but don't like the idea of sticking a load of tape on the roof.I did think about buying an after market Wind deflector but you need to get the sunroof fully open to fit it & mine won't.

chriskay
Friend of Club 480 Europe

Post by chriskay » Mon May 13, 2013 9:18 pm

Try asking Glasgow Jim; he has lots of spares.
2 Kings; Chapter 9 Verse 20

lincoln480
480 Newbie

Post by lincoln480 » Mon May 13, 2013 9:31 pm

Thanks Chris,i have tried Jim but no luck :cryhard:
I was just looking in the haynes manual & it talks about a manual key to operate the sunroof if you have a flat battery/electrical fault.Would i have this on mine does anyone know?

glasgowjim
480 Is my middle name

Post by glasgowjim » Mon May 13, 2013 9:59 pm

you can fully remove the moonroof glass it is not a hard job just open the moonroof (yes thats volvo speak for sunroof) and you will see a steel grubb screw using an allen key turn the screw clockwise until it clears the section from the glass. Do the same on the other side now the glass will lift up and you can now simply unhook it at the front fit your wind deflector and reassemble.

If your pins are broken then the motor is irrelevent. You dont have a manual turn screw/gear you can only pull back the roof lining and with a pair of mole grips and part of the inner tube of a bike tyre turn it by hand.

I think Marek could possibly supply the part but I cant remember his forum name.

it is malkontent

lincoln480
480 Newbie

Post by lincoln480 » Mon May 13, 2013 10:09 pm

Thanks for that Jim.Just been out there with a torch trying to find something that's not there!
Measured the Moonroof & it's a whopping 94cm wide.The only deflectors i've found that will cover it are 4x4 ones & i think they might look well dodgy.
Jim,on a fully working sunroof would it close tightly? I mean i'm pushing it closed but it doesn't feel tight.(hope that makes sense) Would the trick with the molegrips & inner tube get closed tighter?
Thanks for your help.I really do love this car & would love to sort it & keep it.