Door panel clip required

Cleaned up the garage and found some parts you want to sell? Or are you looking for that one part? You can advertise or request just about anything that has to do with the Volvo 480 in here: brochures, towing-hooks, antenna's, etc etc...

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

yorkshire480
Knows where Volvo is from

Door panel clip required

Post by yorkshire480 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:09 pm

Well this weekend I did an oil change and fixed did up my doors.

Apart from reseating the door cards properly and upgrading the speakers I also fitted new (uncracked) pockets. (thanks Glasgow Jim)
Great improvement in the visual and aural appeal overall. Better sound and much less creaking trim whilst driving. Result!
Annoyingly despite having several more clips than necessary I'm left without a final clip that fits. The 3 I have left over will not fit tight into the mounting hole and therefore are useless.

Anyone got a good clip with the retainers intact. I've tried every trick I can think of to make them hold but they refuse to play ball. The thought of the job being left unfinished for the want of a single clip is driving me nuts!

Cheers!

glasgowjim
480 Is my middle name

Re: Door panel clip required

Post by glasgowjim » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:11 pm

An effective trick I have seen done on several 480 s is to pout a self tapping screw thruogh the bottom right bhand corner screwed through the trim and the door is held fast for eternity. (refering to drivers RHS door)

yorkshire480
Knows where Volvo is from

Post by yorkshire480 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:12 am

Well that's the clip in question as it happens.
Not sure I like the idea of the that solution though! Seems a bit terminal to me and presumably you're left with a visible screwhead?

I'm sourcing some new clips through my contacts at Harratts but I've not heard anything back as yet. Failing that another solution occurred to me.
Simply drill a new (smaller) mounting hole! Not sure that would work for sure but at least it wouldn't be visible once the cards back in place.

strongtom
Started learning about 480

Post by strongtom » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:53 am

I seem to remember a thread in which someone used a clip from a citroen and cut the sides down, it had a larger plug side so fits into a hole that has been broadened, I'll have another search, I think it was in the unavailable spare parts section or somewhere.

Tom
Had a Turbo, then got a celebration, then had to go back to Turbo!!!

strongtom
Started learning about 480

Post by strongtom » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:42 am

Hummm maybe I'm going a bit mental, I'm sure I saw a thread in which someone found a clip from a different car (not sure if it was a citroen) and trimmed the round top into a rectangle so it would fit into the trim and it had a slightly larger plug end so it stuck tighter into the door card... Thinking about it, that's not the clip you want is it? Still where is that thread?

Did anyone see this? I remember the pictures they posted, was it even on the forum????
Had a Turbo, then got a celebration, then had to go back to Turbo!!!

malkontent
Can tell where the 480 was built

Post by malkontent » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:58 pm

Hi
Wait a couple days , I`ll have some new clips .
regards