Misc parts for sale

Cleaned up the garage and found some parts you want to sell? Or are you looking for that one part? You can advertise or request just about anything that has to do with the Volvo 480 in here: brochures, towing-hooks, antenna's, etc etc...

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

Ral
Knows an Aerodeck isn't a 480

Misc parts for sale

Post by Ral » Sat May 14, 2011 2:06 pm

Hello all. I haven't been here for a long time now. I sadly crashed my last 480, which was a lovely Celeb and sold it on to a friend of Soph's I think in France. Looked like it had to be, as he withdrew some money from a cash machine in town here and it had "480" written on it :D I've been driving a wimpy little gutless 1.0L Suzuki Swift for years now, which I'm afraid to say, has served me well and more importantly, cheaply. It's nowhere near as fun to drive though :(

Anyway, clearing up my cupboards, I came across some spare parts I seem to have collected over time. Apologies for the crappy pics:

There is:

1) a lock with two matching keys
2) one front lens, offside
3) four door trim plugs, unused
4) one guide for sun roof, which I seem to recall is one of the things that keep breaking resulting in the sunroof not closing properly
5) two random bits of plastic trim, neither of which I can tell or remember where they fit.

I know some of these were ridiculously expensive buys from Volvo (for what they are), but they are essentially useless to me. So I'm thinking postage plus a fiver for the lot will make both parties happy, possibly? If not, just tell me what you're willing to pay and I will check if it covers postage at least :)

carpediem2206
Started learning about 480

Re: Misc parts for sale

Post by carpediem2206 » Wed May 25, 2011 10:13 pm

Hi! Really sorry to hear you crashed and then sold your Volvo Celeb! I had a fab 480es which was previously owned by Volvo Enthusiasts - and it showed. It was immaculate inside and out and I sold it! This was about 6 or 7 years ago and I seriously regretted straight afterwards.
Anyway, I bought my 3rd 480 in April last year - a 1994 480GT. Only 250 ever made (as you probably know). But I reckon I've seen parts being sold on eBay from 8 or 9 different GTs since buying mine! I've stored it for the past 12 months & I'm now giving it some much needed TLC. Already spent a load on her but I know she'll be worth it when I'm driving it on the road!
Anyway... I was reading your recent message ref. clearing out your cupboards & found some old Volvo parts... I'm interested in buying them if they're still available? £5.00 + p&p is ok with me.
Let me know asap please because I've got a mechanic friend also out and about looking for parts.
Many thanks,
Nigel / CarpeDiem2206.