Badly wanted....rearlights in good condition!!

Cleaned up the garage and found some parts you want to sell? Or are you looking for that one part? You can advertise or request just about anything that has to do with the Volvo 480 in here: brochures, towing-hooks, antenna's, etc etc...

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

RH480
480 Newbie

Badly wanted....rearlights in good condition!!

Post by RH480 » Sun Feb 22, 2004 3:04 pm

I am considering to restore my 1989 480ES, and am in BAD need of a set of rearlights in good condition.
Also the plate between if anyone have it for sale.
The car is otherwise OK, the rusty reararches will be welded when temperature rises, but the really tricky part is to get these rearlights.
So, anyone out there?????
Robert H.

coyote1980
Volvo 480 Club Europe CREW

Post by coyote1980 » Sun Feb 22, 2004 3:09 pm

I'm afraid your best option is to buy new units (if you intend to keep your car long). 2nd hand rearlight clusters are wanted badly...

You can try making them better by using some sort of polish to make the old ones shine, and then use blanc lacquer/paint to prevent them from getting ugly within a few weeks again.

It is also worth the effort to ask around what new light-clusters cost in different countries, there are BIG differences.

Hope you will be able to obtain a good / cheap 2nd hand set of clusters though! Good luck!
Daniël Wilten
Volvo 480 Turbo Collection 1995 Dark Green Metallic
Club Europe chairman/webmaster/forum admin

RH480
480 Newbie

Post by RH480 » Sun Feb 22, 2004 3:24 pm

coyote1980 wrote:I'm afraid your best option is to buy new units (if you intend to keep your car long). 2nd hand rearlight clusters are wanted badly...

You can try making them better by using some sort of polish to make the old ones shine, and then use blanc lacquer/paint to prevent them from getting ugly within a few weeks again.

It is also worth the effort to ask around what new light-clusters cost in different countries, there are BIG differences.

Hope you will be able to obtain a good / cheap 2nd hand set of clusters though! Good luck!
Have already tried to polish them up, and it did good for several years, but now they are really badly cracked along the upper edge of the lights.
Have sent a request for price of new ones, so that might be the best hope i have.
Robert H.