RVS uitlaat / stainless steel exhaust

Cleaned up the garage and found some parts you want to sell? Or are you looking for that one part? You can advertise or request just about anything that has to do with the Volvo 480 in here: brochures, towing-hooks, antenna's, etc etc...

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

Ekoedijk
480 Newbie

RVS uitlaat / stainless steel exhaust

Post by Ekoedijk » Sun Oct 05, 2003 6:20 pm

:D :D :D :D

Op deze site worden rvs uitlaten aangeboden voor alle types 480

http://www.automax.nl/RVS.html

Weet alleen niet wat de prijzen zijn

For the one that couldn't resist. On the site above there are stainless steel exhaust for sale for every type of 480.
Last edited by Ekoedijk on Wed Oct 08, 2003 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ML480GT
Volvo 480 Club Europe CREW

the quest for a sporty sound

Post by ML480GT » Sun Oct 05, 2003 7:34 pm

I talked to Automax in Utrecht. They have especially for the 480 a stainless steel exhaust. But it is not a sportexhaust and it is made in England. It costs Euro 599 :nuts:

I have asked information about the CSC exhaust. It is not a stainless steel one, but it has had a anti corossion treatment. But my greatest concern is the fact, it does not connect to my cat. (model 95), so I have to saw off a piece and connect it with a jacket and some clamps to my cat. I think it is to much money (Euro 370,00) for this kind of contstruction. :no:

EPS has send me a e-mail. :twisted:
It is to much to translate but they have a few options and can build you a stainless steel sportsystem with the sound you like between 250 and 600 euro. If you like ( and are able to read dutch) I can send you the e-mail.

Skandix has a normal exhaust for Euro 210 and Bosal for Euro 180

I also requested information about sportexhausts from DBM engineering . I am waiting for their reply. :help:

I do not know how much a Volvo exhaust is. ( probably made of gold)
ML480GT
Save the forest: Eat more beaver
[url=http://members.chello.nl/]I have a homepage[/url]

V480TI
480 Expert

Post by V480TI » Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:17 pm

I am pretty sure that an exhaust from CSC will fit.

That is the strong point of CSC.

buddo
Started learning about 480

Re: the quest for a sporty sound

Post by buddo » Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:29 pm

ML480GT wrote: EPS has send me a e-mail. :twisted:
It is to much to translate but they have a few options and can build you a stainless steel sportsystem with the sound you like between 250 and 600 euro. If you like ( and are able to read dutch) I can send you the e-mail.
EPS hasn't seen the car? I went to them with my car (it's near Groningen) and they were quite surprised about the construction. For an "easy" model with only one pipe at the same place as the original one, but larger and free to chose sound they charge you about 800 €... It's for a complete one including a piece which replaces the cat and all stainless steel. So maybe you have to send them an construction pic of how a 480 looks from beneath!
Where do you live? Is it worth driving to them?
[url=http://www.angelfire.com/ne2/volvo480/index.htm]Visit Bart's 480 Page![/url]

ML480GT

the quest for a sporty sound

Post by ML480GT » Mon Oct 06, 2003 8:37 pm

I am only talking about the part from the cat. That explaines the 200 euro difference. I do not know if it is wise to drive to them. ( from Almere).
I sent them an e-mail with my specications.
They offered me three options:
Soundpipe for euro 250-325 :shock:
a silencer in the middle for euro 475-525 :wall:
a silencer at the end euro for euro 550-600 :nuts:
They also told me I needed a car with 30 hp more than I have ( 120)

I am still gathering information and I am becoming quite an expert.

I have also asked some informfation from quicksilverexhausts

I will keep you informed

Just heard from my wife what we have to pay our energie supplier extra this year. I think it is going to be a BOSAL :angry:
ML480GT

Renter
Started learning about 480

Post by Renter » Tue Oct 07, 2003 5:50 am

I ordered a CSC, it should be in this week.
I will have it installed by the supplier, they did it before and know how to do the adjustment to the cat in a nice way.
I will have the mainpipe and silencer, i skip the middle silencer. It costs about 370 Euro for the exhaust.

My old exhaust is still good and i will keep that for spare, so i can always build back or use it as a template for far future stainless steel version.

Been to EPS in hogezand once for a ox sensor nipple for my motorbike.
Very nice outfit, beautiful exhausts.

Regards, Renter
Volvo 480 2.0 ES, 1995, Paris Blue

ML480GT

Post by ML480GT » Tue Oct 07, 2003 9:02 pm

I received from this from Quicksilver sports

Dear Marcel

Thank you for your enquiry about our stainless steel exhaust systems.
Yes, we supply a 'Quicksilver Sports' stainless system from the catalytic convertor for your 480 GT for GBP 396.00 Pounds ( 554 euro) :dunno: including tax (BTW) and delivery to Holland.
This system has 2 straight-through silencers and a larger tail-pipe giving a deeper sound, a bit more volume and much better flow. This fits as the standard system to the original mounting points with no special 'procedures'.
This system is currently in stock.
All our exhaust systems come with our Twenty Five Year Corrosion Guarantee and are designed to fit properly, look right and sound authentic.
The easiest way to order is via fax or telephone with a credit card - we can accept all the usual cards.
I hope that this will meet with your approval and if I can provide any further information please contact me directly.

Paul Goddard

Please tell me your experience with the CSC exhaust.
I think I am going to save some more money and pay a visit to EPS. ;)

greetings Marcel
ML480GT