Wanted Anyone got an Exhaust ?

Cleaned up the garage and found some parts you want to sell? Or are you looking for that one part? You can advertise or request just about anything that has to do with the Volvo 480 in here: brochures, towing-hooks, antenna's, etc etc...

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

ChrisRidett
Knows where Volvo is from

Wanted Anyone got an Exhaust ?

Post by ChrisRidett » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:27 am

Poppys exhaust is blowing around the join between the rear back box and the down pipe. The join is pretty badly rusted at this part, both pipes seem to have rusted and swelled. The Ubolt seems to have rusted and snapped with the swelling.

To do a proper repair I'd like to replace the section from behind the Cat all the way back.

I can probably get the bits from Ebay for ~£50 for the back box and £30 for the long section.

But would rather cross a members palm with silver for a good condition second hand unit - only downside is I know these parts aint easy to ship.

I'd collect if it wasnt too far !

Are these parts specific to the Turbos? My minimal research suggests they are.

Anyone with the bits .....drop me a line :D
Cars: Bond Bug 700ES, Reliant Scimitar GTE SE5A,Vauxhall Carlton CDX 2.6, Nissan 200 SX , MG-ZR, Rover 25 , Volvo V40 1.9TD, 480 Turbo..POPPY- to be released back into the wild, Volvo V70 D5 (ExWife nicked it, gave it back broken,I fixed it temp, flogged it to WeByAnyCr before it broke again :). Hyundai Elantra 2.0 CDX ( Strangest car ever).
Now have a full OBD software so although the 480's didnt have it - any members need a cars Engine Management Light reset post 1999 get in touch :)

dragon
Volvo 480 Club Europe CREW

Re: Wanted Anyone got an Exhaust ?

Post by dragon » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:16 pm

I have still got a complete and almost new turbo exhaust, every section from cat back. Even been painted in matt black high tempurature paint.

£50

South Yorkshire though
Cheers! [img]http://www.dragons.org.uk/images/guin.gif[/img]

Gaz Wilson

1997 V70R AWD in Saffron, RICA 580, hot hot HOT!
1995 480 Turbo, Flame Red Metallic/Jacquard-Leather
1993 480 turbo, Vase Green Metallic/Jacquard-Leather
1995 Range Rover 4.6 HSE V8 - Full leather and more!
http://volvo480.northernscum.org.uk <--- Full spec!

Got horses? - [url=http://www.horse-teeth.co.uk][img]http://www.northernscum.org.uk/avatars/ggedt_anim.gif[/img][/url]

ChrisRidett
Knows where Volvo is from

Re: Wanted Anyone got an Exhaust ?

Post by ChrisRidett » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:38 am

Darn.......would have snapped them off you for that if I'd been closer. Already painted as well :cryhard:

Got Poppy up on stands, pipe is worse then expected, significant rust, pipe is structurally weak, will have to reduce driving her till replaced or I'll end up spreading bits all over the roads!

Hopefully Gungum will hold for some of the local journeys I need to do. Have ordered replacements from ebay.

I did some digging to see if I could get them quicker, the prices varied drastically, one place said the back box was normally about £40 but as they only had 1 left .....it was £70 without shipping :shock:

Another wanted £190 to supply and fit, centre and rear. :shock:

And you know the moment you take it in they'll say.....'ohhhhh.... Cat should be replaced too' and if that were the case, chances are Poppy's Exhaust system would be worth more then she is!!!!

Well, heres hoping the bits turn up in one bit ( ok ok......two bits ) ....lol......this will be the biggest thing I've had shipped to work....not sure boss will be too happy. I'll try and get Security to give me a heads up before it reaches the office space !!

Thanks for the offer Dragon, certainly a bargain at that price!
Cars: Bond Bug 700ES, Reliant Scimitar GTE SE5A,Vauxhall Carlton CDX 2.6, Nissan 200 SX , MG-ZR, Rover 25 , Volvo V40 1.9TD, 480 Turbo..POPPY- to be released back into the wild, Volvo V70 D5 (ExWife nicked it, gave it back broken,I fixed it temp, flogged it to WeByAnyCr before it broke again :). Hyundai Elantra 2.0 CDX ( Strangest car ever).
Now have a full OBD software so although the 480's didnt have it - any members need a cars Engine Management Light reset post 1999 get in touch :)