Wanted: Funny washers for drivers seat

Cleaned up the garage and found some parts you want to sell? Or are you looking for that one part? You can advertise or request just about anything that has to do with the Volvo 480 in here: brochures, towing-hooks, antenna's, etc etc...

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

pol
480 Is my middle name

Wanted: Funny washers for drivers seat

Post by pol » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:06 pm

Hi,

Not sure if anyone will know what i'm on about, but if you have ever removed the drivers seat (maybe passenger seat too) from the rail assembly, there are a bunch of oval washers.

These washers allow the screws to attach the seat to the rails tightly whilst still allowing the seat height to be adjusted.

Mine have all exploded.

If anyone is scrapping a tatty seat and fancies finding these washers for me (just undo 4 nuts and bolts), or happen to have these lying around then that would be most helpful. I haven't tried volvo yet. I think it would be even harder to explain and I may have to install the tardis software again...

Thanks,

pol

glasgowjim
480 Is my middle name

Re: Wanted: Funny washers for drivers seat

Post by glasgowjim » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:47 pm

Pol know exactly what you mean :hopping:

the washers you refer to (there are 4 of them) are on the front two "sliders" only two per side and they will disintegrate in time. However as an interim measure just use large circular washers. The back two standard washers will do the trick.

0 this is the shape.

pol
480 Is my middle name

Re: Wanted: Funny washers for drivers seat

Post by pol » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:54 pm

Thought you might know Jim! But do you have any, that is the question?!

I have used washers but it kind of locks the seat in one position. If it is not done up so tight then it rocks around.

Must dig out the tardis CD...

Thanks,

pol