Free parts come and get 'em!

Cleaned up the garage and found some parts you want to sell? Or are you looking for that one part? You can advertise or request just about anything that has to do with the Volvo 480 in here: brochures, towing-hooks, antenna's, etc etc...

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

Free parts come and get 'em!

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 06, 2003 3:34 pm

Hi all,

Haven't been on here for a while. Have a few bits left over from a G reg 480 ES. Parts include: ECU/Various interior electrical switches/door trims/front light surround/door mirror/fuse box/idle speed regulator etc etc etc. Sorry I can't remember everything I have but it's a fair number of items and would be worth a trip to come and pick up the lot. I'm not going to sell the items seperately as I don't have the time. Come and pick the bits up and it's yours for free. First in best dressed!

Cheers,
Neil
07 957 957 914

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 06, 2003 3:35 pm

I forgot to add I'm in Bognor Regis, West Sussex.

Trudi Passey

Window motor

Post by Trudi Passey » Thu Oct 09, 2003 11:39 pm

Hi Neil
Do you have a window motor up for grabs i'm from chertsey in surrey.

Trudi

(New 480s owner with a broken drivers window motor) :cryhard:

levensnevel
480 Expert

Post by levensnevel » Fri Oct 10, 2003 3:26 am

Trudy,

Welcome to our messageboard,
If I'am not mistaken you bought Martin's my '92 black Cheese Wedge type S. Hope you'll find our tips n tricks which very usefull and our ranting entertaining ;)
Sorry can't help you on the windowmotor front :(
Niets of niemand zegt dat het echt moet
En toch, of juist daarom,wil je het beleven....
Gammal kärlek rostar aldrig!

Sweet memories
at this moment a Toyota Prius editione Tech MY2008 - 203K km+4K km

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 10, 2003 3:52 pm

Hi
I most certainly did buy Martins 480, and very nice she is too. Thanks for the welcome am just learning my way around a bit. Any hints and tips would be most welcome. Have you any ideas how to refit the roof lining it has come down at the passanger side rear and gone a bit baggy if you know the car you might have noticed it.

Many thanks
Trudi :wink:

Renter
Started learning about 480

Post by Renter » Fri Oct 10, 2003 8:44 pm

Hmm, did somebody say rooflining.

I'll try to take this one.

The rooflining is held into position by the interior lighting, sunflaps connection and their two clamps and 5 profiles that are a bit like pictureframe rails.
Each side has 2 rails, one front above doors and there is a separate back rail.

The rooflining is clamped/pressed into the slot in the rails and the rails click into plastic holders that are connected to the top inside body of the car.

You are only talking about the passenger back area.
I think that your rail has come of its clamps pls. check the following:

Check if the plastic rail is solid connected to the car or is it hanging loose with the lining.
If the rail is loose push the side of the rooflining back into the recess of the rail. You should see the marks on the ining how far you can go in.
Use a flashlight and try to locate the plastic holders were the rail should snap into. There should be 3, one front, one middle and one at the back.
Try aligning the rail with the most forward clamp and jam it in, work your way back re-clamping the rail.

The problem is that the end of the rails are nicely covered by plastic parts, the safety belt plastic, on the other side you should see the rail terminates under this plastic.
At the back it is covered by the corner plastic.
Unless you are very brave and patient you can remove the plastic parts.
As i found out this car is like a puzzle and not the kind of puzzle like for a 8 year old. There is a very specific method and order of removing plastics, most stuff interlocks with eachother and removing one piece often results in taking half the car inside out to install the stuff it is supposed to be.
This is not a fun job.

In your case I would try to do the following,
before you reclamp the forward side of the rail, slide it back a little so it is free of the safety belt cover. When the forward connection is made, gently tap the back of the rail and slide it under the safety belt plastic. (best to do this with an assistant to guide the rail) use a flat big screwdriver against the aft end of the rail to gently tap and move the rail. When the rail is under the plastic, check how you are with position of the rail and the rear plastic cover part. If the rail cannot pass the part, slide the rail a bit more foreward.
Now continue to connect the other two clamps when all is connected you can try to slide the rail under the back plastic cover again so the rear end of the rail is also hidden.

If you want some more room to play you can remove the interior lighting, the rooflining is than not supported in the middle of the car and might help moving around a bit.
Also the rear rail is easy to remove, remove the top of the rubber seal from the trunk, you can gently pull it down. No need to remove complete.
It can be that the ends of the back rail are also covered by the plastic corner covers, slide one side out and rotate the rail outside. Then slide again and rotate complete rail. The rail hooks into the rear window seal profile and just holds the lining into position.

If the rooflining is out of the rail and the rail is still connected to the car, you can try to fiddle and push the rooflining back into the rail, use a thin spatula as a guide and be carefull. Before you try to do this you can squeeze the lining that should fit in the rail with your fingers. This will make it thinner and for a short time easier to push back into the rail.
If this does not work remove the rail and start again with first option.

If you have a fast internet connection download the parts book that is on dragon his site, the drawings might help you a bit more.
It is hard to describe without drawings, hope this is of use.

Regards, Renter
Volvo 480 2.0 ES, 1995, Paris Blue

Trudi Passey

Roof lining

Post by Trudi Passey » Fri Oct 10, 2003 10:10 pm

Thanks for that will give it a go. Have you got the address of Dragons site.

dragon
Volvo 480 Club Europe CREW

Post by dragon » Sat Oct 11, 2003 8:55 am

The address is at the bottom of every post I make ;)

Trudi, why don't you sign up to be a member of this board, rather than using the guest account all the time - that way you can start to build up a bit of history :)
Cheers! [img]http://www.dragons.org.uk/images/guin.gif[/img]

Gaz Wilson

1997 V70R AWD in Saffron, RICA 580, hot hot HOT!
1995 480 Turbo, Flame Red Metallic/Jacquard-Leather
1993 480 turbo, Vase Green Metallic/Jacquard-Leather
1995 Range Rover 4.6 HSE V8 - Full leather and more!
http://volvo480.northernscum.org.uk <--- Full spec!

Got horses? - [url=http://www.horse-teeth.co.uk][img]http://www.northernscum.org.uk/avatars/ggedt_anim.gif[/img][/url]

MatBat
480 Is my middle name

Post by MatBat » Wed Oct 22, 2003 1:05 pm

Hi Neil

Still have any parts left?

I am after oil pressure gauges/Voltage gauges.
+ other things I forget now.
I am in Horsham, not too far away.

All the best

Mat
1996 Mini Classic 1275.

tevred turbo
Started learning about 480

trudi's window motor

Post by tevred turbo » Thu Nov 20, 2003 12:21 pm

Hi Trudi!

Welcome to the club!

I have a window motor with all the bits if you want it just let me know!

I'm in Leeds.

email antjack55@hotmail.com

Cheers

Anthony :D

Egon Haden
480 Newbie

Post by Egon Haden » Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:30 pm

Hi
this might be a chance to get the parts I am looking for since a good while:
Main lamp, right side
Fog lamp, right side
electrical window lift, right side, what matters is the mecanics.
Well I am writing from Germany. So sending by mail should be considered in your offer. Thank you very much and greetings, Egon