For Sale: Purple&Red 2-board ECU

Cleaned up the garage and found some parts you want to sell? Or are you looking for that one part? You can advertise or request just about anything that has to do with the Volvo 480 in here: brochures, towing-hooks, antenna's, etc etc...

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

T850
480 Newbie

For Sale: Purple&Red 2-board ECU

Post by T850 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:31 pm

Hiho,
after doing some experiment with my '90 Turbo I have 2 ECUs for sale which I used to test a chip I got from a friend.
Both have been opened by me (obviously, to test the chip), the plastic pieces holding both boards together are a bit damaged in the purple one.

The first is an old (purple) ECU, 2-board version. Works fine in my car. Number: 0 227 400 125 Looks a bit worn inside, I re-soldered some of the connections.
I'd like 60€ for this one + p&p

The second is a red ECU, also a 2-board version, the holy grail. Should be backwards AND forwards compatible, it ran fine in my car and should also work in any other car.
Number: 0 227 400 194
I'd like 100€ for this one + p&P

Pictures to follow. Both ECUs come completely UNmodded with their original chips, I also do not have any working chips for them. (the one I had was a dud, unfortunately)

I'm shipping from Germany, so expect 6€ for p&p for a domestic shipment and 16€ for insured international shipping.

edit: Pictures:

glasgowjim
480 Is my middle name

Re: For Sale: Purple&Red 2-board ECU

Post by glasgowjim » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:03 pm

So T850 what you are selling is 2 fully functional standard turbo ecus .

They are NOT rich modded.

T850
480 Newbie

Post by T850 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:46 am

100% correct.

I got them because I got a chip which supposedly had a tuned mapping on it, but it turned out the the eeprom had "bit rot" and was inoperable.
They are now both refitted with their standard factory chips and run fine.

However, since they are the 2-board-version they are easier and cheaper to mod than the 1-board-versions. There was an offer in the tuning section of this board for modding these things, you save a few quid when you already have a 2-board ECU.

Plus, the chips are socketed, so it's really plug&play if you want to try and program/modify one yourself.

As I stated I drove my '90 turbo (which orgininally came with an orange ECU) with both of these without any problems. If you want to know more, just ask :)

T850
480 Newbie

Post by T850 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:38 pm

Will be on ebay.de sometimes next week unless anyone makes an offer here first ^^