WANTED - Fog lights, vent exits, door part, etc...

Cleaned up the garage and found some parts you want to sell? Or are you looking for that one part? You can advertise or request just about anything that has to do with the Volvo 480 in here: brochures, towing-hooks, antenna's, etc etc...

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

omn
Knows where Volvo is from

WANTED - Fog lights, vent exits, door part, etc...

Post by omn » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:34 am

Hello.

I'm looking for some parts for my car.

I'm looking for:
- the front pair of fog lights (any white model),
- a new left door hinge (I think it's the name),
- the vent exit under the glove box
- door plastics that surround the key entry

Now, really depending of price and more purchases from the same buyer
- dashboard support for black instruments panel
- front pair of mudflaps
- door plastics that surround the key entry
- foot lights
- carpets lockers
- gearbox knob (form a 93 or earlier volvo 480)
- front grille
some more small bits.

Thanks for your time

glasgowjim
480 Is my middle name

Post by glasgowjim » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:26 am

Hi Omn

front grille look at page 3 on this thread.
http://volvo480.dragons.org.uk/forum/vi ... 1&start=40

carpet lockers do you mean the black round plastic pieces which hold the side carpets on the central console in position.

door plastics right or left hand side or both

the vent under the glove box means your car has air conditioning am I correct ?

door hinge ? do you mean the part which the door rests on or the central catch which stops the door opening too far?

Photos of the parts wanted would beat the language barrier and help everyone.

regards jim

:D

omn

Post by omn » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:43 am

glasgowjim wrote:Hi Omn

front grille look at page 3 on this thread.
http://volvo480.dragons.org.uk/forum/vi ... 1&start=40

carpet lockers do you mean the black round plastic pieces which hold the side carpets on the central console in position.

door plastics right or left hand side or both

the vent under the glove box means your car has air conditioning am I correct ?

door hinge ? do you mean the part which the door rests on or the central catch which stops the door opening too far?

Photos of the parts wanted would beat the language barrier and help everyone.

regards jim

:D
Hello Jim!

Thanks for reply!

I saw your topic, do you have the fog lights for sale too? For me it doesn't matter if it's the 93- or -93 fog lights style, I just need some unbroken because I've 2 pairs with scratched glass, it won't pass the every year inspection here in Portugal. The grille for me is something secundary like I said before.

About carpet lockers, I'm talking about a piece, like you see in the new cars fixed to the floor, than we put the carpets and there are some holes where the lockers enter and turning them the carpets are locked, well, my 480 has it, however I lost one of them...

Door plastics, I'm talking about the left side one or the pair depending on price.

About vent exit I'm talking about this: [img=http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/1637 ... boa.th.jpg]

About door hinge, I think it's that, I'm looking for the part (only new) red surrounded, if there is the blue surrounded too, maybe I'll buy it too!
[img=http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/9404/doors2.th.gif]

Thanks Jim

Have a great 2010!

glasgowjim
480 Is my middle name

Post by glasgowjim » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:17 pm

the early type foglights have a replaceable glass lens since it is held on only by clips .

the later clear style glass foglights had the lens glued on.

I doubt if you will be able to get a new central catch for your door. A good secondhand hand one yes but not a new one.

Sorry just sold a pair of new style foglights about a week ago :D

still do not understand exactly what you mean by carpet lockers. Apologies I am a bit stupid :lol:

regards jim

omn

Post by omn » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:37 am

glasgowjim wrote:the early type foglights have a replaceable glass lens since it is held on only by clips .

the later clear style glass foglights had the lens glued on.

I doubt if you will be able to get a new central catch for your door. A good secondhand hand one yes but not a new one.

Sorry just sold a pair of new style foglights about a week ago :D

still do not understand exactly what you mean by carpet lockers. Apologies I am a bit stupid :lol:

regards jim
Hello again Jim.

Yes, I know the difference of the fog lights but at least I've to got a pair uncraked, just to come to every year inspection, even if just for that day and trade again for others, because in the last 2 years I went to the inspection with those broken, but they were 2 different pairs, they really broke easy for me, I don't know why. That's why I'm looking for 1 or 2 pairs, doesn't matter the if it's the 1st or 2nd style.

About the carpets locker, I'll look for the one that I still have and send you a photo, maybe it was some adaptation from the previous owner... I know my english is not quite good, so my explanation wasn't very precise...

About the fog lights (1st or 2nd style doesn't matter), the grille under the glove box and the plastics in doors, have you got it for sale? Send me a pm with prices!

Thanks

Speedy1st

Re: WANTED - Fog lights, vent exits, door part, etc...

Post by Speedy1st » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:21 am

omn wrote:
- gearbox knob (form a 93 or earlier volvo 480)
whats the difference?
Turbo "Collection 306/480"
two wrongs dont make a right, but two wrights make a plane.