My dead 480

Cleaned up the garage, found parts laying around, but it turned out to be a complete Volvo 480? If you want to sell your car (480 only) you can place an advert here.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

Terry Turner

My dead 480

Post by Terry Turner » Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:47 am

Unfortunately my beloved 480 has died. She has a few problems, and as I am not mechanically minded I've had to retire her in favour of a more boring Volvo.

She needs attention to the passenger electric window unit, a leaky rear master cylinder, power steering fluid leak, corrosion on the wheel arches, the on-board computer (works when it thinks it will) and the final thing to go was the fuel pump (we think). Now her MOT has run out. She was a really good friend and I enjoyed our relationship.

I am very reluctant to scrap the car. Is there any member who would like to take her off my hands for a decent restoration? She has £ 20 of fuel in the tank, and any donation over and above that would be appreciated. Please don't let her go to a rusty grave. :(

My email address is terry_turner@tiscali.co.uk if you can offer her some TLC :?: