Import

Cleaned up the garage, found parts laying around, but it turned out to be a complete Volvo 480? If you want to sell your car (480 only) you can place an advert here.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

THEBACONBANDIT1
480 Newbie

Import

Post by THEBACONBANDIT1 » Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:29 am

This is the best topic I could find to post under…

I am looking to import a 480 into Merica🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸 (national anthem plays) within the next few years. I am yet to find an import/shipping company that I would like to use. I saw that someone used evergreen (I think) in the past, but I do not think I will be. I am asking for any recommendations.

For reference I would be importing to a major city in New England or the upper east coast.

Thanks in advance

edie_fox
480 Rookie

Re: Import

Post by edie_fox » Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:41 pm

I remember looking into this and potentially searching for a buyer in the US when I was selling mine.

I can’t remember everything but there is a LOT of prep work to do.

There were varying prices from about £1200-£2000 and whether you want to car in a container or roll on/roll off. Whether you use a UK or US company.

A couple of quick fresh Googles brought me these for help with planning etc:

A US company: https://cfrclassic.com/international-ca ... uk-to-usa/

A UK company: https://www.shipcars.co.uk/articles/exp ... to-the-us/

I imagine CBP are as hardcore with cars as they are with humans so definitely research everything that needs to be in place to avoid any upset. 🙂

Hope you can find a good, suitable one. As the front end was designed with the US market in mind, this should help meet some regulations!

THEBACONBANDIT1
480 Newbie

Re: Import

Post by THEBACONBANDIT1 » Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:07 pm

Thanks, I’ll check them out when I have time. Still have a good amount of research to do but I got a good amount set as well. Got a few years too.

Yeah the entire car was designed for the us market but exchange rates killed that so here we are in the present without them.