480 in reasonable nick on FB, being sold by an acquaintance*

Cleaned up the garage, found parts laying around, but it turned out to be a complete Volvo 480? If you want to sell your car (480 only) you can place an advert here.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

MisterH
480 Is my middle name

480 in reasonable nick on FB, being sold by an acquaintance*

Post by MisterH » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:10 pm

https://www.facebook.com/commerce/listi ... attachment

So the other week my mate Will who I met at uni, and who runs a Volvo 240GLT, invited me to an FB group for young people who run classics. Lo and behold it turns out there was already this red J-reg ES on there!

Turns out tho he is now selling to fund other projects, so thought I would let you all know so maybe one that isn't TFFM could find a home that appreciates it.

Now it doesn't look the best, but he says it is rust free, so take that as you will.

Yes I know the price is a bit steep, and yes I have let him know :P
Current Jobs to do (23/1/22):
Fix Central Locking
Fix drivers side speaker
Annoying Scratching Squeak
Water leaks
Complete Front O/S rebuild

WillC9303
Knows an Aerodeck isn't a 480

Re: 480 in reasonable nick on FB, being sold by an acquaintance*

Post by WillC9303 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:54 pm

Quite refreshing to see a 480 listed on Facebook Marketplace with actually decent pictures!
As you've already said, 4k is quite steep for a 1.7 catalyser. That original Volvo Palm Beach steering wheel accessory is gorgeous and worth a fair bit to be fair. He'd probably do better selling that separate and buying the normal plastic wheel to fit instead.
I believe this car had white pinstripes down the side at some point. Shame they were removed as I believe they were original dealer fit :(
The paintwork generally looks quite tidy, as are the rear light lenses.
William

1993 2.0i Limited Edition