Selling my 480 Celebration #276 (now with added photos)

Cleaned up the garage, found parts laying around, but it turned out to be a complete Volvo 480? If you want to sell your car (480 only) you can place an advert here.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

Willw480
480 Newbie

Selling my 480 Celebration #276 (now with added photos)

Post by Willw480 » Fri May 13, 2022 2:06 pm

Hey guys!
***My 480 is still available and needs a new home as I have sold my house***
Not posted much around here for a number of years... mainly as I forgot my login details and work crazy night shifts, too.

Reason I have popped up is I want to sell my 480 Celebration model as it's just too much for me to take on. Rotten rear arches and rust along the inner rear bumper have hampered my chance of getting this back on the road and at a manageable cost.

Other than this obvious rust, the body is in decent condition bit I'd rather it went to an enthusiast around here (preferably) as I fear a chancer will break it and punt it off for spares. This would actually just destroy me 😂😂

Last year, the engine cut out while idling, there was fuel in the tank but I suspect the pump may have gone as I can't hear it priming the system before I start it.

I have had the car since August 2014 and it came from the Altrincham area I am lead to believe.

Details as follows;
480 Celebration #276
Satin White
2.0 Automatic
105k (odometer not worked since 2014 and neither has the speedo) classic 480...lol!
N583DHG

In 2016, I had the cylinder head skimmed, new timing belt, water pump and aux belts done and new mid section of exhaust to be on the safe side and used it until the MOT ran out in 2017. I have paper work and stuff to back this up also. Beforehand there was no paperwork bar scraps and odds and ends.

I have pictures a plenty for you to see and I'm sure I have missed out details also but my point is I'd rather it came in the safe hands of enthusiastic members and brought back to the road again.

Was looking for a sensible offer if this takes anyone's fancy?

Huge thanks to Sylvia for the help with getting my photos up.

Thanks everyone,

Will

Last edited by Willw480 on Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Willw480
480 Newbie

Re: Selling my 480 Celebration #276 (now with added photos)

Post by Willw480 » Fri May 27, 2022 11:23 am

Just giving more information regarding my 480....

Despite the rust on the main leading edges, the inner wings are decent and been rust proofed. On the passenger side, the lower section next to the sill has corroded and needs patching in, but I believe you can buy these parts on Skandix.

The boot is solid with no water ingress and the spare wheel well is decent too. It has the original tool kit also and it's been barely used in my ownership as I have a trolley jack.

Rear glass tailgate seal is fine and holds water out, too as I knew this was an area of weakness as well as the back lights. But the previous owner has ran a bead or silicone around them. Not the best idea, bit it's never gave me issues.

jifflemon
480 Is my middle name

Re: Selling my 480 Celebration #276 (now with added photos)

Post by jifflemon » Fri May 27, 2022 12:02 pm

Rust on white cars always looks far worse! Of course the added bonus is that white is actually much easier to blend in than any other colour.

That certainly doesn’t look horrendous - typical rescue stuff.