Sad day - GT is up for sale

Cleaned up the garage, found parts laying around, but it turned out to be a complete Volvo 480? If you want to sell your car (480 only) you can place an advert here.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

zapcity
Knows an Aerodeck isn't a 480

Sad day - GT is up for sale

Post by zapcity » Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:42 pm

Hi all,

I've always said that I'd only swap my 480 for a P1800. Well I'm now in a position to get one, so sadly the 480 has to be sold as I can't afford both.

If anyone is interested, just drop me a line as I cant imagine selling to someone who wont look after her.

Original thread here:
viewtopic.php?t=35616

Cheers, Marc.
1994 480GT - arrived!!
XC60 and XC70 for the daily grind.
C70 Coupé Convertible for the sunny days. Should sell it but can't!

dcwalker
480 Is my middle name

Re: Sad day - GT is up for sale

Post by dcwalker » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:17 am

Hi Marc

Although I'm very envious of you being able to take on a P1800 :D , I am also really sad to see you're parting with the GT :cry: .

Good luck in finding a caring new owner for her - and keep us posted on the P1800 front...

David
Current: 1994 480 GT, 1996 460 CD & 1997 440 LE with lots of optional extras & 2007 V50 SE Sport
Previous: Celebration 331 (re-homed with Richard S), Celebration 467 (returned to Martin Mc); Celebration 346 (re-homed with Alan480); Celebration 269 (scrapped abandoned project), Celebration 73 (sold on after 6 years), 1992 ES, 1988 ES - and numerous other non-480 Volvos!

Jay-Kay-Em
480 Rookie

Post by Jay-Kay-Em » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:31 pm

Just re-read the original thread. The car is a credit to your care & attention.

Good luck with the sale.
Jay-Kay-Em
-------------------------------------
Click here for My 480 Turbo Diary
Click here for My Cars

zapcity
Knows an Aerodeck isn't a 480

Post by zapcity » Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:54 pm

I've had a couple of enquiries from some current 480 owners which is nice.

I'm not sure what to value her at. I was thinking of around £4k. Does that sound realistic or a bit top heavy?

I'm swayed by Rod's 2nd celebration which he sold last year to an 'enthusiast' that turned out to be a dealer. They put it up for almost double the next day.

I'll definately keep her until I find the right next owner, but I need to sell just about everything automotive I own to get the 1800. :lol:

I'd given up on an 1800 but recent health scares etc. have made me reevaluate things. Sounds odd but the recent sad death of Shane Warne just highlights how fragile life is. I can find 100 reasons not to buy one, but none of us knows what is around the corner, so time to realise a lifetime ambition.

I will have a pile of spares to clear, so I'll offer these here first and I'm sure I'll have some bits for rescue cars if needed.
1994 480GT - arrived!!
XC60 and XC70 for the daily grind.
C70 Coupé Convertible for the sunny days. Should sell it but can't!

Alan 480
480 Is my middle name

Post by Alan 480 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:44 pm

zapcity wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:54 pm

I'm not sure what to value her at. I was thinking of around £4k. Does that sound realistic or a bit top heavy?

I'm swayed by Rod's 2nd celebration which he sold last year to an 'enthusiast' that turned out to be a dealer. They put it up for almost double the next day.

I'll definately keep her until I find the right next owner, but I need to sell just about everything automotive I own to get the 1800. :lol:

I'd given up on an 1800 but recent health scares etc. have made me reevaluate things. Sounds odd but the recent sad death of Shane Warne just highlights how fragile life is. I can find 100 reasons not to buy one, but none of us knows what is around the corner, so time to realise a lifetime ambition.

I will have a pile of spares to clear, so I'll offer these here first and I'm sure I'll have some bits for rescue cars if needed.
it's only worth what folks are willing to pay, :wink:
just cos the garage have it for sale at 'double' don't mean they will get double!!

if it's a garage they need to cover their rear end for a claim, private sale then it is what it is?
Alan

480 ES 2litre 'Celebration' ? , C30 1.8ES, SS1

jifflemon
480 Is my middle name

Post by jifflemon » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:02 am

zapcity wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:54 pm

Price? Sounds about right to me; Again, Rod's Celeb (which is STILL up for sale) annoyed me massively. I'd always be willing to move on price knowing that it was going to a good home.

Spares? We can never have enough of them for the rescues!