Volvo 480 ES 1994

Cleaned up the garage, found parts laying around, but it turned out to be a complete Volvo 480? If you want to sell your car (480 only) you can place an advert here.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

darkside
480 Newbie

Volvo 480 ES 1994

Post by darkside » Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:51 pm

I have decided to sell my Volvo 480 ES 1994 and have put this in to Barons Auction to be sold on Tuesday 14th December in their Christmas Classic Auction. https://www.barons-auctions.com/view-lo ... lvo-480-es
The vehicle is a genuine 2 owner car and has a current MOT and is priced to sell with a very low reserve. So if anyone wants to bid on this then please see the above link and grab yourself a bargain :D

jifflemon
480 Is my middle name

Re: Volvo 480 ES 1994

Post by jifflemon » Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:31 pm

My favourite colour and favourite interior too!

Top tip: Take the rear seats out and get them inside in the warm and the seat belt creases will come out.

Only trivial things I can see are the near side seat belt popper-outer, and drivers side door pocket. Dashboard corner looks good.

Do a better sale ad on here!
Do all the motors work? (windows, sunroof and popups)
Whats the tailgate wiring look like?
Better shot of the dashboard corner? (upper left hand side)
Any cracks or damage on the rear lights?
What are the front sidelights like?
What's the boot floor look like under the carpet?

If you need me to host pictures, just PM me.

darkside
480 Newbie

Re: Volvo 480 ES 1994

Post by darkside » Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:40 pm

Hi Jifflemon
My favourite colour too :D
I can confirm that all the motors work (sunroof, windows and pop-ups), the tailgate wiring is all in good condition and since polishing the rear lights these have come up extremely well and are in very good condition. The front lights are all serviceable, and although not perfect they did not have any issues when going through the MOT. Boot floor also looks good.
The bad points are:
Both door card pockets are cracked
Info Centre is tempremental (this was repaired by Brinkie and i dont think its a problem with the unit i think there is another issue which is causing the intermittent fault)
Speedo not working
Screen Wash level indicator lights up occasionally??
Front Bumper skirt is damaged

I struggled to put photos on the site, however these are shown on Barons Auction Site