WANTED - 480 without an engine, or with a knackered one

Cleaned up the garage, found parts laying around, but it turned out to be a complete Volvo 480? If you want to sell your car (480 only) you can place an advert here.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

paul9531031
480 Newbie

WANTED - 480 without an engine, or with a knackered one

Post by paul9531031 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:16 pm

I just managed to join up (having stumbled on the VIP code!).
I owned a 480 quite a few years ago and it remains my most favourite car of all time, and it suddenly occurred to me that it would be fun to fit an electric drive to one, for the last few years of my motoring life.
Would anyone like to sell a 480 without a usable engine?
Has anyone come across an electric conversion?
Any advice, including the negative kind, much appreciated. Thanks, Paul.

MisterH
480 Is my middle name

Re: WANTED - 480 without an engine, or with a knackered one

Post by MisterH » Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:53 pm

Well, Volvo did trial an Electric 480 back in the day apparently, though these days there aren't really any 'expendable' 480s left, if it was a turbo it would have first had its engine stolen by the renault gang and then had the rear lights off as they were worth more than the car, then the shell would have rusted...

As for the N/A ones, I don't recall there being any horror stories of them being engine broken, and solid projects are getting thin on the ground. You strike me as someone who doesn't waste a car - hence looking for a car without an engine, so I am not sure quite what is available. However, there are lots on here who do! :D
Current Jobs to do (23/1/22):
Fix Central Locking
Fix drivers side speaker
Annoying Scratching Squeak
Water leaks
Complete Front O/S rebuild