Volvo 480 ES 1991 1.7L

Cleaned up the garage, found parts laying around, but it turned out to be a complete Volvo 480? If you want to sell your car (480 only) you can place an advert here.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

WalkableBuffalo
480 Newbie

Volvo 480 ES 1991 1.7L

Post by WalkableBuffalo » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:20 pm

Hi everyone, it is with some sadness I must sell my 480 after about 8 months. To give the long and short of it I've got a new job and the 480 isn't what I need to be able to do long distances, and to be in a place where I'd be really happy I'd have to put a fair bit more money and time.

If you've seen any of my posts you've probably a fair idea of the car. Spiel is from my Facebook post so I'm sure you'll be more than familiar.
Currently asking £900.
Located in Boroughbridge, North Yorkshire.

A recent shot and an album of pictures.
https://imgur.com/a/CHtsYAe

1991 Volvo 480 ES 1.7
93704 miles
MOT to July 2021

Features: Electric windows, electric mirrors, electric moonroof, front fogs, rear fogs, power aerial

Original info centre is fully working, all car electrics work with a couple of exceptions. The pop up headlights (known to be fickle) have recently decided to only work on one side, most likely the relay or due to the bulbs in the running lights. Heated seats probably don't work, never tested them but I think they've been disconnected and usually need reworking.

This is the 1.7 litre naturally aspirated version fitted with a catalytic converter, but I believe is in the correct region to have it removed legally.

Rear lights are in very good condition, left one has a small hairline crack a couple of inches long, but are much brighter than most, make no mistake these are probably the most expensive part of the car and a good set will cost several hundred pounds.

Good bits: 4 new tyres, new battery (both purchased in January and not gone more than 20 miles), all dash bulbs just replaced, new headlight bulbs, new fog bulbs, new front wipers, new rear drop link arms, new rear shocks, all handbrake cables renewed, new exhaust rubber, interior in generally good condition (ripped drivers bolster but everything else accounted for), boot load cover included (missing a few hooks), original manual and booklet included, a few spares (had a spare right door so window regulator and glass included, new clutch), two cans of colour code paint and clear coat

Work from the previous owner: Water pump, radiator, thermostat, heater matrix, plugs, cap, rotor, coil, leads, rear calipers, front and rear discs and pads, crank sensor, idle air control valve, regular service

Bad bits: Had a bit of welding done in boot floor and rear sill, those were definitely the rustiest places but still some rust on drivers door and sill, front arches also a bit rusty, both rear arches are rusting and tatty, rear left has had some filler done and primer sprayed but I never got around to finishing it, one front DRL lens missing (these lenses are very brittle and one broke right off after dropping the bonnet), dent in the roof, wheels are very tatty and need a refurb but all plastic caps in very good condition, driver seatbelt arm missing, passenger seat fold mechanism disconnected Less
-Will
1991 480 ES, 1.7, Arctic Blue
Current status: No MOT, 99% ready I swear

Norm57
Can tell where the 480 was built

Re: Volvo 480 ES 1991 1.7L

Post by Norm57 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:36 am

Hi Will, I can pop over either this evening or any time Sat and have a look, sad that you need to sell.

Jay-Kay-Em
480 Rookie

Post by Jay-Kay-Em » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:57 pm

Good luck with the new job and sale of CCN!

Now lock-down is lifting, I personally have family duties across the UK.... with a daily H reg Mk2 Golf on 180k miles.... it's tough on the old girl and I totally understand your concerns!

Best Wishes

WalkableBuffalo
480 Newbie

Post by WalkableBuffalo » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:31 pm

Jay-Kay-Em wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:57 pm
Good luck with the new job and sale of CCN!

Now lock-down is lifting, I personally have family duties across the UK.... with a daily H reg Mk2 Golf on 180k miles.... it's tough on the old girl and I totally understand your concerns!

Best Wishes
Thanks Jay!
It'd be nice to have a classic daily but I don't fully know what my situation will be like yet. Once I'm settled I'll be straight onto something else :D
-Will
1991 480 ES, 1.7, Arctic Blue
Current status: No MOT, 99% ready I swear