Volvo 480 ES 1989

Cleaned up the garage, found parts laying around, but it turned out to be a complete Volvo 480? If you want to sell your car (480 only) you can place an advert here.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

SW480
480 Newbie

Volvo 480 ES 1989

Post by SW480 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:49 pm

With a heavy heart time for My Black 480ES to go,

Bought this about a year ago was great for 6 months then it dies on on the way home and I have not been able to fix it since and still cant for the life of me figure it out nor do i want to spend more money and time on it. I mean I do but I'm trying to be sensible for once.

Its currently at my workshop in South east London. Mot expired 6 march and i have not used it since may last year I believe but have tried to get it going several times so has been turned over.

So its time to go I've spent about £500 on repairs as well as other bits but really I'm just looking for what i put into it to get it on the road in the first place. excluding what i paid for it. I don't want to scrap it as it was running fine and I believe its a spark issue , I just changed the fuel pump too.

Was running really nicely and was my daily for a few months , has a turbo seats to go with the car that are not fitted , had mot until recently milage is between 65 and 70 k and does need some TLC to get it looking bit better but drivability before hand was nice around town its an auto.

Let me know if you have any questions or can email you some images

£500 ONO

jifflemon
480 Is my middle name

Re: Volvo 480 ES 1989

Post by jifflemon » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:25 pm

Have edited the post to show the pictures; Couple of things

1) I'd definetly try and get it running, would really help with the sale. If we can help in anyway, please ask!

2) Wouldn't hide the reg - Most people's first instinct is to check the previous MOT's. Hiding the reg makes it impossible to check, and will probably put off a lot of people.

3) add some interior shots! Again, if I can help with showing you how to add them to the post, just ask.

SW480
480 Newbie

Post by SW480 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:30 pm

Hey

Thanks for your response I can update the images with the reg , I thought we shouldn't add the reg from seeing previous posts . I'm

I'd love it to start I'd actually use it and it wouldn't be for sale ! Have tried to use the forum but sadly can't figure this one out.

dragonflyjewels
480 Is my middle name

Post by dragonflyjewels » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:51 pm

Not showing registrations goes back to the days when you could pay dvla £5 for the reg. keeper's name and address. These days, due to data protection you can only get that info if you have a very good reason (drove off after an accident/parked on your property etc) and you have to be able to prove it. I believe it's only readily given out to police/councils/solicitors/insurance companies etc.
This site was setup by a group of Dutch enthusiasts so things may be different over there but not many of them on here these days so no-one is complaining about registrations any more.

More photos would be a great help plus known history.
Sylvia

Snazzy - 1993 Paris Blue ES red dipstick 2.0i bought 2001
Lethal Lily - 1991 White Turbo
Paris the Unicorn - 1991 Paris Edition
hubby has
Sven - 1994 Racing Green GT
Evil Eva - 1992 Paris Blue Turbo

no previous 480s - can't bear to sell any