Sad day. Poppy being passed on.

Cleaned up the garage, found parts laying around, but it turned out to be a complete Volvo 480? If you want to sell your car (480 only) you can place an advert here.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

ChrisRidett
Knows where Volvo is from

Sad day. Poppy being passed on.

Post by ChrisRidett » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:45 pm

:cry:

Hi all

It's been a long time since I've been on the forum, was quite active at one stage but life changed.

Have moved out to kent and took Poppy with me with the intention of fixing her up.

Unfortunately situations change, I now have to rent out my garage, which in itself kills me, but it means poppy has to go

Poppy is a 480 Turbo. Used her as a daily runner for a long time, but had to mothball her and cant remember exactly why.

She drove onto the transporter when we moved house but wouldnt start when she got there to drive off.

I've only had her run once since then, time and money being the main problems to looking into it

She started having some electrical problems which I put down to damp, at the old place she was on the drive.

I need to try and fire her back up and see how she is.

This is the sad bit

I fear she may be beyond help having been neglected for 4 years +

Will get some pictures of her, but shes pretty sad.

Was hoping to hold onto her and do her up as my older age project but that isn't going to happen.

Either way she has to go, would rather she go to someone on the forum than being picked up for scrap...

PM me for details.

All the best, and still love this forum:)
Cars: Bond Bug 700ES, Reliant Scimitar GTE SE5A,Vauxhall Carlton CDX 2.6, Nissan 200 SX , MG-ZR, Rover 25 , Volvo V40 1.9TD, 480 Turbo..POPPY- to be released back into the wild, Volvo V70 D5 (ExWife nicked it, gave it back broken,I fixed it temp, flogged it to WeByAnyCr before it broke again :). Hyundai Elantra 2.0 CDX ( Strangest car ever).
Now have a full OBD software so although the 480's didnt have it - any members need a cars Engine Management Light reset post 1999 get in touch :)

dcwalker
480 Is my middle name

Re: Sad day. Poppy being passed on.

Post by dcwalker » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:21 pm

This is sad news, Chris. I seem to recall that over the years on this forum you've put a lot of effort into Poppy... :(

Am I right in thinking she's white? I'm sure someone on here will consider trying to save her but if you can get some pictures up so we've all got some idea of what we might be looking at that would be good.

Kent is a long way from North Yorks, but then again, despite the numerous 480s I have owned, I have never owned a turbo (drove one recently courtesy of Jifflemon though :D ). Whether I'd be allowed to have 3 480s at the same time is a different question entirely, but I can't say I am not at least a little bit interested...

Good luck whatever happens!

David
Current: 1994 480 GT, 1996 460 CD & 1997 440 LE with lots of optional extras & 2007 V50 SE Sport
Previous: Celebration 331 (re-homed with Richard S), Celebration 467 (returned to Martin Mc); Celebration 346 (re-homed with Alan480); Celebration 269 (scrapped abandoned project), Celebration 73 (sold on after 6 years), 1992 ES, 1988 ES - and numerous other non-480 Volvos!

JohnTurbo
Friend of Club 480 Europe

Re: Sad day. Poppy being passed on.

Post by JohnTurbo » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:39 pm

Whats the body like?
Past:
94 Turbo - Red
94 Turbo - Black (Converted from NA 2.0)
92 Turbo - Red
90 Turbo - Silver
Now:
00 Exige
15 GKD Legend
16 Skoda Superb