For Sale 480 Turbo 1991 Automatic MOT Sept 18

Cleaned up the garage, found parts laying around, but it turned out to be a complete Volvo 480? If you want to sell your car (480 only) you can place an advert here.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

Sheena
480 Newbie

For Sale 480 Turbo 1991 Automatic MOT Sept 18

Post by Sheena » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:12 am

History and explanation of cause of sale ( as I would rather keep ) as follows-
I bought this car a little over a year ago it had been sat 7 years in a private drive.
After swapping all wheels ( I kept my previous 480ES for parts ) the front light clusters, one headlamp motor and running the rust of the brake discs it failed on a hand brake tighten only, no advisories.
It came with no paperwork and took me a year to persuade the DVLA to issue me a V5.
Had 2 previous owners, the one previous to myself owned the car since 1992.
Approximately 3 days after MOT the coolant was pouring out and a friend diagnosed a blown core plug, which he managed to sort however a few days after this it developed a hunting issue, I had major problems getting anyone to diagnose and it got to a point where the car was virtually un-drivable.
Eventually I found mechanics to look at it, 3 other core plugs had gone and after several weeks, gaskets made to order, parts being brought back from Moscow and several other part nightmares, I got the car back.
The problem still had not been fixed and there is still air getting into engine somewhere.
MOT was due , needed rear brake callipers,pads and bushes, passed with one advisory- oil leak.
So MOT till Sept 18
Was sitting in the forecourt of the garage waiting for a bin lorry to turn when it reversed into me, so now nice scrape on bumper luckily managed to replace broken light.
Was not impressed with the service form the garage as they also broke the facia surrounding the mirror switches and I now have exhaust fumes in the car due to (they say) re threading of bolts and the nuts working there way off.
Just found a wet back drivers side footwell the past few days.
Sad to say I have given up.
There are other wee things but most I have replacement parts that I haven't got round to swapping over.
The upper body has only one wee rust patch on the roof where it meets the windscreen and one wee patch on the inside corner of the drivers door, no other rust anywhere including wheel arches. No idea about underneath.
Spare 480 ES with nice black leather seats thrown in if you want it.
Bear in mind I am in the Scottish Borders.
Any reasonable offers , I would rather it went to someone who can sort it and loves the 480 as I do.
Last edited by Sheena on Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sheena
480 Newbie

Re: For Sale 480 Turbo 1991 Automatic MOT Sept 18

Post by Sheena » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:23 am

Forgot to add mileage 40k!

Alan 480
480 Is my middle name

Re: For Sale 480 Turbo 1991 Automatic MOT Sept 18

Post by Alan 480 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:48 am

fine low mileage, but I'd get hung if I bought another car.

a couple of photos would help the sale, and Scottish Borders, that's well sooth :-)
Alan

480 ES 2litre 'Celebration' ? , C30 1.8ES, SS1