For Sale - 480 Celebration Manual

Cleaned up the garage, found parts laying around, but it turned out to be a complete Volvo 480? If you want to sell your car (480 only) you can place an advert here.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

aidanmorris
Started learning about 480

For Sale - 480 Celebration Manual

Post by aidanmorris » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:55 pm

The time has come to sell my 480 Celebration. I'm going to be listing it on carandclassic.co.uk but thought I should put it on here first.

Text of the ad is as follows:

1995 Volvo 480 Celebration 2.0

I’ve had this car for coming up 5 years and during that time have covered almost 70,000 miles. I’m the 4th owner and I’ve got a huge history file including original main dealer service handbooks and a stack of receipts for servicing/works carried out since. It’s been very reliable for a relatively old car and I’ve really enjoyed owning something you just don’t see everyday. Reason I’m selling now is that I needed a bigger car and have bought myself a classic BMW 5 series estate.

Current mileage is just under 115k and It’s got an MOT until 8th July 2017 all be it with a number of advisories which you can see if you check the MOT history online. (I’ve never understood the ones about ‘slightly distorted bead rim’ – this was on there when I bought the car but all tyres hold air and I’ve never experienced any untoward vibration)

The good bits:

• Limited edition ‘Celebration’ (170/480)
• Strong 2.0 litre engine which pulls really well (really is effortless accelerating on the motorway without having to drop down from 5th) and has reasonable economy
• Nice leather interior
• Aircon that blows cold
• Good service history and full documentation of all works undertaken
• Original Volvo snow mats, boot liner and working roller cover
• Recent alternator, starter motor and oil change

The not so good bits:

• Slight hesitation when lifting off the accelerator at lower speeds
• Radiator fan comes on at the drop of a hat and will often stay on for a minute or so after parking up – not really an issue but in a quiet village it does seem quite loud!
• Intermittent wiper setting not working (normal and fast settings fine)
• Rear wiper not working (frayed wiring)
• One front fog light not working, other one works but glass cracked
• Nearside wing mirror fairing missing (electric mirror still works though)
• Bit of rust around wheel arches and windscreen – I’ve touched this up fairly regularly to try and keep it looking OK
• Paintwork generally has a fair few marks and blemishes
• Cambelt change overdue
• Front number plate cracked (but I have a spare)

I’m based in south Somerset, just a couple of miles off the A303, and the car is available for viewing Friday-Sunday (I work away Mon-Thurs).

One other thing to say is that there is an excellent Forum dedicated to the Volvo 480 and this is an amazing resource for helping resolve problems and find spare parts. I highly recommend any new owner joins - I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised by how friendly and helpful they are.

These 480’s are getting quite rare now, especially the limited edition Celebration, and this one still has some good life left in it so I’m looking for £850.

PICTURES:

I'll upload some pictures but on the last two attempts everything crashed so I'm going to try and put them in a separate post.
1967 Land Rover Series IIA SWB
1995 Volvo 480 Celebration (sold)
2003 Condor Squadra and 2008 Condor Italia (2 wheels, no engines!)

aidanmorris
Started learning about 480

Re: For Sale - 480 Celebration Manual

Post by aidanmorris » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:32 pm

Had a nightmare trying to post pictures so had to give up.

Anyway, deposit taken and provisionally now sold.

So until the next time.........
1967 Land Rover Series IIA SWB
1995 Volvo 480 Celebration (sold)
2003 Condor Squadra and 2008 Condor Italia (2 wheels, no engines!)

jifflemon
480 Is my middle name

Re: For Sale - 480 Celebration Manual

Post by jifflemon » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:04 pm

Congrats! Be sure to send the new owner this way!