Turbo for sale

Cleaned up the garage, found parts laying around, but it turned out to be a complete Volvo 480? If you want to sell your car (480 only) you can place an advert here.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

strongtom
Started learning about 480

Turbo for sale

Post by strongtom » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:34 am

I put up a post for this car just over a year ago as I was moving to Austria, but it didn't go, I wasn't too bothered as I found it hard to part with.

Anyway I have been here a year now and I think its a complete waste to leave it any longer, its in a dry garage just outside York (grandmas :D ) obviously no tax or MOT now. I have less worries about get back my investment now so just want it to go to a good home. A forum member did come and have a look at it and was ready to drive away with it (filled out the V5 the lot) but then noticed a phrase saying has been significantly damaged and repaired or something to that effect so backed out (fair enough really, I had no idea about that) anyway I believe it was the front wing in a car park bump. It really is a great car though. £600 would do it (that's half price), I'm back in England at Easter and again in June but if you want it any other time my brother is on hand to show and sell it (would be better for me that way, keeps the emotions at bay :cryhard: )

Here is the post:

94 Turbo - grey half leather
Clean rear arches (no rust no repairs) and bodywork in general
good rear lights
very clean inside
50,000 miles
Robou ECU (the economical one)

Things that don't work or are broken;

-Speedo/odometer (mileage shows 45,000 miles and it died in the last year, i.e. since I had it I have not done 5000 miles so 50,000 is a high estimate)
-Seatbelt arms - both snapped
-info centre works however with the speedo not working there is no reading for ave speed or mpg, also the engine temp reads cold so you only really get a reliable reading of oil temp range and external temp, the rev counter works fine (at 2000 rpm in 3rd gear it does 30 mph, in 4th - 40 mph and in 5th - 50 mph so that's how I avoid speed traps)
-The drivers side foot well can get damp, not sure why, its not the heater matrix I believe that would be the passenger side and it blows hot.
-It idles a little high...hummm

Good points

-No leaks into the boot at all
-Heated seats work, electric mirrors, windows, sunroof all work as they should
-pop-ups work as they should, recently replaced off side brackets and have a spare set if near side goes
-new cam belt and tensioner
-just about a full service history (the guy I bought it from forgot to get his last stamp.....)
-very good Toyo proxies fitted to the front last year loads of tread left, the plan is to swap front and back and put two new of the same, I really like these tyres
-mint front indicator clusters (clear) rear lights very good one little crack on the offside, epoxied to stop any crack propagation
-DAB radio installed, this is very nice, bought it last summer, I have used an aerial converter rather than a stick on one, it is fitted at the back near the aerial so the reception is brilliant I have gone from west to east (Cumbria to Bridlington) and north to south (Newcastle to Isle of white) and it hasn't dropped signal for more than a ten second blip, it also has a USB port on the front and I have fitted a standard jack cable from the back of the head unit, under the centre console and into the arm rest for an mp3 player, phone Ipod etc
-All the dash is solid clearly not been removed, as this is my third 480 (all of which I have needed to get into) I am very picky about this and have checked all the screws and anchor points also the customary crack in the top left hand corner has been caught before it spreads too far again epoxy and I have trimmed the leather underneath so there is less stress in that region.
-ECU, have a look at some of the posts on here about the Robou modification, its very nice indeed.

I would like to recoup £1200 for it but would be open to sensible offers.

Cheers for reading I have been as detailed and as honest as I can but please feel free to ask questions.

Tom
Had a Turbo, then got a celebration, then had to go back to Turbo!!!

Martin Mc
480 Rookie

Re: Turbo for sale

Post by Martin Mc » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:58 pm

Hello there, it sounds like a fine car - are there any pictures available? Also, when was the last MOT?

Cheers!

Martin
1991 ES White / 1995 ES Red / 1995 ES Red / 1994 S Black / 1995 Celebration Red / 1994 S Paris Blue / 1995 Celebration (again!) Red - Currently free of all extramarital cars, wrench-loose and fancy free :)

strongtom

Post by strongtom » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:42 am

It's last MOT was in 2012 I think May-ish, I will have a dig around to find out the date and also some pictures (and try to figure out how to post them...)

strongtom

Post by strongtom » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:55 am

I'm not sure I have permission to upload pictures, can anyone help with this? or I can email them out personally if you inbox me your email address...

Captain Slow
480 Expert

Post by Captain Slow » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:07 pm

You should have permission to post pictures. You have to upload them to a photo sharing site (photobucket etc) then in your message here paste a link to each photo between the square brackets after you click on the ''Img'' button on here
Previously....
Whitney - 95 N White celebration No.449/480 now with Ladyforatey
Lula - 94 M Volvo 480GT Sold on...
Daphne - 95 M volvo 440si 1.8 73,000K (sold :()

strongtom

Post by strongtom » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:22 am

Cheers, got it, I think...

Just a few of photos, I can try and get more later, I'll have to ask my brother to take some and send them to me, you will notice the different wing mirrors on the last two photos, I changed them to the older style ones just due to personal preference.

doingitsideways
480 Expert

Post by doingitsideways » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:34 am

Looks lovely that! :)

Did you get this off Jim? The plate looks familiar.

Steve :hopping:
"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's an electrical fault!"
Hammers can't fix a 480!!!

strongtom

Post by strongtom » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:48 am

Nope, I got it from a guy in Bolton he had had it for a couple of years, maybe its been through Glasgow at some point, I suspect a high percentage of UK 480's have been :D , it is my third and is a great example, really clean inside and out, worth a look, and there is loads of spare bits and bobs to go with it.

strongtom

Post by strongtom » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:47 am

Bumping this up, its still up for sale, I started it over Easter when I was back visiting family and it sparked up straight away and still looks great inside and out after a year.

Jimbocrx
480 Newbie

Post by Jimbocrx » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:28 am

Hi, is this still for sale?

strongtom

Post by strongtom » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:08 am

Hi Jimbocrx,

Yes it is, but less the DAB radio, just got a car here and the radio is broken so I plan to pick it up next time I'm back home (next week), there is quite a good CD/radio that came with it that I will put back and I might even have a spare original one in my box of extra bits, which will all go with it. Otherwise its as it was when I left it.

Cheers
Tom

Jimbocrx
480 Newbie

Post by Jimbocrx » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:37 am

Thanks. I need to have a chat with a friend about a trailer to collect.

strongtom

Post by strongtom » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:39 am

OK, let me know how you get on, I will be in the area around the 9th to the 12th June, otherwise my brother will be able to help you out.

Cheers

Jimbocrx
480 Newbie

Post by Jimbocrx » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:14 pm

Hi Tom, I'm struggling to arrange a trailer and to be honest I wanted an on the road project as I don't have a place to work on an off the road car.
Good luck with the sale.
James

strongtom

Post by strongtom » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:46 pm

No problem, I was the same, and its not easy to do the whole mot tax juggle. I think I'll just have to stick it through an mot and try to recoup any costs, hopefully there won't be much... I'll re-post when its road legal maybe you'll still be looking.