Off to Austria the Turbo can't come with me.... can't it?

Cleaned up the garage, found parts laying around, but it turned out to be a complete Volvo 480? If you want to sell your car (480 only) you can place an advert here.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

strongtom
Started learning about 480

Off to Austria the Turbo can't come with me.... can't it?

Post by strongtom » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:05 pm

As the title suggests I'm relocating, this means I'll have to sell up, some time around the middle of Feb so just putting out some feelers.

I have a 94 Turbo - grey half leather
Clean rear arches (no rust no repairs) and bodywork in general
good rear lights
very clean inside
50,000 miles
Robou ECU (the economical one)

Things that don't work or are broken;

-Speedo/odometer (mileage shows 45,000 miles and it died in the last year, i.e. since I had it I have not done 5000 miles so 50,000 is a high estimate)
-Seatbelt arms - both snapped
-info centre works however with the speedo not working there is no reading for ave speed or mpg, also the engine temp reads cold so you only really get a reliable reading of oil temp range and external temp, the rev counter works fine (at 2000 rpm in 3rd gear it does 30 mph, in 4th - 40 mph and in 5th - 50 mph so that's how I avoid speed traps)
-The drivers side foot well can get damp, not sure why, its not the heater matrix I believe that would be the passenger side and it blows hot.
-It idles a little high...hummm

Good points (in case you ask)

-No leaks into the boot at all
-Heated seats work, electric mirrors, windows, sunroof all work as they should
-pop-ups work as they should, recently replaced off side brackets and have a spare set if near side goes
-new cam belt and tensioner
-just about a full service history (the guy I bought it from forgot to get his last stamp.....)
-very good Toyo proxies fitted to the front last year loads of tread left, the plan is to swap front and back and put two new of the same, I really like these tyres
-mint front indicator clusters (clear) rear lights very good one little crack on the offside, epoxied to stop any crack propagation
-DAB radio installed, this is very nice, bought it last summer, I have used an aerial converter rather than a stick on one, it is fitted at the back near the aerial so the reception is brilliant I have gone from west to east (Cumbria to Bridlington) and north to south (Newcastle to Isle of white) and it hasn't dropped signal for more than a ten second blip, it also has a USB port on the front and I have fitted a standard jack cable from the back of the head unit, under the centre console and into the arm rest for an mp3 player, phone Ipod etc
-All the dash is solid clearly not been removed, as this is my third 480 (all of which I have needed to get into) I am very picky about this and have checked all the screws and anchor points also the customary crack in the top left hand corner has been caught before it spreads too far again epoxy and I have trimmed the leather underneath so there is less stress in that region.
-ECU, have a look at some of the posts on here about the Robou modification, its very nice indeed.

Pictures to follow

I would like to recoup £1200 for it but would be open to sensible offers, I have a plan, no, a dream, to drive to Austria in a left hand drive V70 R, so if by any tiny chance, someone wants to part ex a V70 (lhd or rhd) please contact me (its worth asking), actually any nice estate that would make it all the way to Austria would do... I also have a Y reg Punto 1.9 diesel to go with it if you want, nowt say about that its the girlfriends fsh low mileage blah blah blah

Cheers for reading I have been as detailed and as honest as I can but please feel free to ask questions.

Tom
Had a Turbo, then got a celebration, then had to go back to Turbo!!!

jamesy12345
480 Veteran

Re: Off to Austria the Turbo can't come with me.... can't it

Post by jamesy12345 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:07 am

Everyone should have a dream :o hey, there is a 1995 Turbo advertised on Car & Classic website in Austria....just a thought...

I was very tempted with a part ex of my V70 but already I have a Turbo for parts....plus the V70 needs some work
Current:
Volvo S60 '04
Renault 21 '91
Subaru Legacy '05
Mazda RX-7 '93
Renault 5 '84

Previous:
440 2 litre, 440 Turbo, 460 Turbo, 480 Turbo x2, 854 T-5R, S40 T4, V40 T4, S70 T5 & R, V70 R x2, S60 R

jamesy12345
480 Veteran

Re: Off to Austria the Turbo can't come with me.... can't it

Post by jamesy12345 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:52 pm

Strongtom....if you are interested I am putting the V70 on eBay, cos I have picked up a rather nice 460 turbo, will send you a PM. Let me know if you want to know good bits & bad bits....
Current:
Volvo S60 '04
Renault 21 '91
Subaru Legacy '05
Mazda RX-7 '93
Renault 5 '84

Previous:
440 2 litre, 440 Turbo, 460 Turbo, 480 Turbo x2, 854 T-5R, S40 T4, V40 T4, S70 T5 & R, V70 R x2, S60 R