'91 Paris 480 Turbo, 77k, 3 owners, FSH....

Cleaned up the garage, found parts laying around, but it turned out to be a complete Volvo 480? If you want to sell your car (480 only) you can place an advert here.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

Dan the 480 Man
480 Is my middle name

'91 Paris 480 Turbo, 77k, 3 owners, FSH....

Post by Dan the 480 Man » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:11 pm

Hi guys.

The world of 480 doesn't grip me as much as it once did. I'm enjoying having a life and money to spend :rofl: As you're well aware, my 480 sold some time back, but my Dad is now going to sell his. He cant justify a shopping trip and the occasional journey for the road tax and insurance anymore, and it is a shame to see it sitting in the garage all the time.

I don't think it'll be bought here: I know how tight 480 owners can be (it's not a dig, it's from experience!). It is a shame to see the car up for sale, but he really does want to sell it to an enthusiast who'll look after it. He's looking at going to a diesel car for the lower road tax and mpg. And there's no point in trying to convince otherwise: he's made his mind up and i'm inclined to agree!

It's on eBay as we didn't have much luck here before, so if anybody wants a seriously well looked after low mileaged 480, feel free to get in-touch or have a bid.

Linky linky

Dan :D
[size=75]My website: ::: [url=http://www.dcmoore.co.uk][color=black][b]dcmoore.co.uk[/b][/color][/url] :::[/size]

Murf
Friend of Club 480 Europe

Post by Murf » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:53 pm

Looks like its getting plenty attention!
I still want this but have no room for it, sigh :(
Kia Pro'ceed GT 1.6 Turbo
1992 480 Turbo
2007 Focus ST

JohnTurbo
Friend of Club 480 Europe

Post by JohnTurbo » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:16 pm

Another shame. Oh well! it comes to us all.
Past:
94 Turbo - Red
94 Turbo - Black (Converted from NA 2.0)
92 Turbo - Red
90 Turbo - Silver
Now:
00 Exige
15 GKD Legend
16 Skoda Superb

Dan the 480 Man
480 Is my middle name

Post by Dan the 480 Man » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:28 pm

Thanks for the kind words guys...

The reserve was set at £1300, and the auction ended at £1220. However, in true eBay style, none of the bidders have been in-touch despite being offered 'second chance' offers. No surprise there really.

It was advertised on www.carandclassic.co.uk, and yesterday we received a call about 4 hours from the end of the auction. Had it have been earlier, we would have cancelled the auction, but it was unfair to those that had been bidding. However, (not wanting to talk it up), the guy called again this evening, and after a lengthy chat with my Dad, he's offered the full amount of £1300 and is sorting transport as we speak He lives in Dorset, so if you live that way, keep your eyes peeled! He's australian and is a bit of a petrol head. He's had 5 x 480's, in S and ES guise, but never a Turbo. His family also has links to F1, so it'll be interesting to meet him and have a chat: he's a genuine enthusiast, which is the kind of owner we've always wanted it to go to.

So, the end of our families 400 series era is coming to a close. It's been 13 years since we got the 400 bug, but what a 13 years. Really enjoyed it!

:D, but also a little :cryhard:
[size=75]My website: ::: [url=http://www.dcmoore.co.uk][color=black][b]dcmoore.co.uk[/b][/color][/url] :::[/size]

barnsleyGT
Knows where Volvo is from

Post by barnsleyGT » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:28 am

its a big loss your leaving the 400 world. id hoped you'd take your dads car at some point, while saving for your house.

i kept an eye on the auction like many others on here i guess and seriously considered bidding. i had a top end figure of £1200 in mind and talked it through with the boss (the mrs) but it just got a bit too steep for my pocket :cry:

for me it would have been a daily driver and tbh i think the car deserves better also im not blessed/cursed with the cleaning ocd that you have. and the car deserves to be kept in its immaculate condition as there are so few in that condition nowadays. it sounds like its a happy ending with the new owner so alls well.

laters dan take care buddy :D

gingherheed
Can tell where the 480 was built

That car!!

Post by gingherheed » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:07 pm

I was bidding for it and thought it would be a higher reserve.

I regularly visit Bournemouth so might see it about if it's going to Dorset.