SOLD: 1992 480 Turbo - Met Black

Cleaned up the garage, found parts laying around, but it turned out to be a complete Volvo 480? If you want to sell your car (480 only) you can place an advert here.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

pol
480 Is my middle name

SOLD: 1992 480 Turbo - Met Black

Post by pol » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:33 pm

Hello!

So... The time has come to sell 'the black one'. I have recently picked up another turbo in white, which i'll be keeping as my car.

5-6 Months Tax + Mot
148000(ish) miles.

Mechanically the car is sound to my knowledge and has rarely let me down in my 7 odd years of ownership.

Some service history. I have always serviced it myself and tried to do this every 6 months.

This car once again has his original interior, steering wheel and orange indicators fitted.

It has a few annoying things which could be fixed easily by someone with more time than me.

Bad bits:

The main annoyance for me is the rust on the rear arches. It could either be patched up, or the arches replaced but i have not got the time / money to put in to this.

Seat flip levers missing. Can be replaced (a spare from volvo is £11ish, or scrap even cheaper).

Bonnet plastic lever missing (just needs a spare from a scrappy to fit over the metal lever).

Engine sometimes stutters when cold. I think this may be a sensor of some sort as it only happens when cold but haven't had the time to investigate further.

Handbrake needs adjusting.

Dash board surround needs replacing. Most or all of the plastic clips that the dash surround screw in to have broken off. Again, a quick scrappy fix. Currently sporting a trendy duck tape attachment!

Switches for electric mirrors are broken. I have tested them and the motors work, but the switches dont for some reason.

There's probably a few other little bits but nothing major. If I think of them i'll update this post.

Good bits:

Perfect idle.

No electrical problems.

Fairly new exhaust rear box and mid section.

Replaced all 4 shocks around a year and a half ago.

Paint + bodywork good apart from rust on rear arches.

CD Player, and a subwoofer in the boot. Woof!

New front spoiler made by lee.

Almost all of the bushes have been replaced by me in the last 18 ish months.

Recently replaced most of the rigid brake pipes and the rear flexible brake hoses.

Recently replaced front wheel bearings.

Decat(ed) cat (I think this is a good thing! - Sounds and goes better!)

Rear clusters aren't broken or chipped. They are a little faded but not bad at all and could easily be laquered if required.

The paintwork is generally nice, with no major dents or scratches. It has the usual stone chips to the nosecone and wing mirrors.

Wheels and tyres fairly clean and good, legal tread.

So that's about it. I need to sell it. I'm not really sure what to ask (I know that's annoying) so I will be putting it on ebay over the weekend and it will sell for what it's worth. Please see that it is not perfect, but a good car all the same and i'll be sad to see it go!

If anyone contacts me in the next day or 2 with a nice offer then you could save me the bother of posting on ebay. I need to have got rid of it by 2 weeks time as it is on a public road and I cant afford to keep paying for temporary insurance. I'm in Eastbourne, East Sussex if you're interested.

Here come some pics. let me know what you think or what is a good price to ask even if you're not interested yourself!

(Pics taken today).

Thanks,

pol
Last edited by pol on Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

B18FT - LOVER
Knows an Aerodeck isn't a 480

Post by B18FT - LOVER » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:37 am

U must have a rough price mate.... I really wish i had the cash i'd buy it and well all archs up etc as thats my trade...

Name a rough price mate... mates rates ;) ;) ;)

pol
480 Is my middle name

Post by pol » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:58 am

Ok..

I'd like to see £300 for it. £100 of that is the tax disk i've just bought for it.

Note: There is also a whistling noise coming from a second re-circ valve that I had fitted in place of one of the crappy vacuum operated valves attached to the idle regulating valve. I think this either needs replaced with an other re-circ, or you could replace it with the standard part.

* Door hinges are good on both sides (they tend to break and drop due to the weight of the doors!). Driver door hinge was repaired by Volvo a few years ago.

pol

pol
480 Is my middle name

Post by pol » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:01 pm

It is on ebay so if anyone is interested, please bid!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0322625971

Thanks,

pol

Rapid-R5
Knows where Volvo is from

Post by Rapid-R5 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:18 pm

Lol @ B18FT LOVER, no you won't mend it, u'l cash the tax in, pull the engine box and loom out and put it in a 5/clio, and sell the parts off :rofl:

steve
Last edited by Rapid-R5 on Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Renault 5, 1.7 volvo turbo engine, turbo technics turbo, lowered on koni, scorpion stainless exhaust, samco and stainless pipework, front mount intercooler, about 170 bhp.....more to come!

B18FT - LOVER

Post by B18FT - LOVER » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:27 pm

Pol..

Despite what some people say (not saying any names lol) i really do want a 480 turbo and yours seams to be the closet one to me..

You said 300... How about £220 cash and you keep the tax, send it back to dvla and they will refund you...

Your my last hope lol ;)

Murf
Friend of Club 480 Europe

Post by Murf » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:17 pm

I'll have to turn this one down Paul, it's just too far away and i dont have time to come down and pick it up.
Cant belive this hasn't been bought yet, its £4-500's worth, i'd say! Long ownership by carefull club member counts for a lot.
Best of luck :D
Kia Pro'ceed GT 1.6 Turbo
1992 480 Turbo
2007 Focus ST

B18FT - LOVER

Post by B18FT - LOVER » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:26 pm

Murf wrote:I'll have to turn this one down Paul, it's just too far away and i dont have time to come down and pick it up.
Cant belive this hasn't been bought yet, its £4-500's worth, i'd say! Long ownership by carefull club member counts for a lot.
Best of luck :D
I have offered the full £300 but he wants to let the auction run its course.. :cryhard:

glasgowjim
480 Is my middle name

Post by glasgowjim » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:41 pm

recent 480 prices have been low on ebay

missed out on a celebration at about £210 if I thought it was going that cheap I would have been seriuosly tempted bu it is over the magic £200 mark.

pol
480 Is my middle name

Post by pol » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:11 am

Indeed it is now locked in to the bay for my amusement.

I dont know what it'll reach, that's why ebay is better for me and anyone else. It'll reach what it is worth.

Hi Paul, - yes it is a bit of a mission to pick it up! I had to get it up on ebay by Sunday anyway i'm afraid.

I'd be happy if it went to a forum owner and not broken for Renault-vating!

Cheers,

pol

B18FT - LOVER

Post by B18FT - LOVER » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:25 pm

Well i have placed my bid, don't be alarmed my the user name your one if i win it wont go down that route, i would restore your one to prestige condition...

So hope i can win it, as im on holiday next week and would be a good time to tinker about with it...

pol
480 Is my middle name

Post by pol » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:16 am

This is still for sale!

The winner couldn't collect for a while and the second chancers haven't responded.

Who wants it and can collect this week / weekend?!

PM me if interested.

Thanks,

pol

pol
480 Is my middle name

Post by pol » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:44 pm

£250.

Any takers?!

pol

glasgowjim
480 Is my middle name

Post by glasgowjim » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:15 pm