FOR SALE: Volvo 480 GT!

Cleaned up the garage, found parts laying around, but it turned out to be a complete Volvo 480? If you want to sell your car (480 only) you can place an advert here.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

chriskay
Friend of Club 480 Europe

Post by chriskay » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:07 pm

Yossarian wrote:eBay's closest rival.

:)
Thanks for the link. I've just signed up.
2 Kings; Chapter 9 Verse 20

martinholmesuk
Friend of Club 480 Europe

Post by martinholmesuk » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:26 pm

So it's for sale on piston heads and up for auction on ebay?
Volvo 940 Turbo 19T (real Volvo :P)
Audi TT

Rachel
480 Is my middle name

Post by Rachel » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:48 am

:shock: Sorry to read this Esta......I hope you don't end up regretting the sale of your lovely car, like I have done in the past :(

Good luck with the sale, and I hope you get what she is worth.

;)
'95 Storm Grey 323 Manual Turbo, Richmod
----------------------------------------------------------
'95 Flame Red Celeb, Nos.191, 2 litre, LPG, used to be Adams ;) SOLD
'95 Vase Green Turbo~ Vanessa~ 'Serendipity' manual, Richmod. RIP
'90 Light Blue 480 Turbo auto....RIP
'68 VW Type 3 1.6 auto Lotus White,Swedish import. SOLD
Audi 80 coupe Gold...pimp my ride! RIP
'76 Bug, Ocean Blue, lowered, Empi wheels.RIP
'72 Bay window VW Camper 1600 twinport. Sold

esta
480 Is my middle name

Post by esta » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:24 pm

Rachel wrote::shock: Sorry to read this Esta......I hope you don't end up regretting the sale of your lovely car, like I have done in the past :(

;)
O I will regret it, I know this already, but sadly as always, the lack of funds have bought this on. I rented a garage and everything, I was REALLY into doing her up, but thanks to the majority of boy racers who raise young peoples insurance premiums, and a government that want you to pay for at least 6 months of tax in one go, I cant even save her as a weekend car. Plus I really need to pay back the loan cos I actually owe more now than the amount I took out! No idea why! :dunno: :?

I have put in the ad that whoever buys her if they could offer her to me first when they go to sell her on in the future, as I may be better off then! Its a killer it really is! And I swear I have a mental defect of some sort as I am literally crying whenever I think of her going, or whenever I see her now. :cryhard: But thanks for the kind words, and as I told GlasgowJim, whether ou guys like it or not, when I have enough money I WILL be back, I love the 480!!
[img]http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o100/estamace/logo.jpg[/img]

There are a number of mechanical devices which increase sexual arousal, particularly in women. Chief among these is the Volvo 480 ;)

WANT: 480 GT-Turbo & Jaguar XJR-S
HAVE: Jaguar XJ40 4l Sov
HAD: 480 GT (Lula) & 480 ES (Lulu), Mk4 XR3i (Wall*E), Rover 416i (Junior-R.I.P. bud), X2 (Percy) & Tahiti (Tati)

www.projectjaguar.co.uk

Yossarian
Knows an Aerodeck isn't a 480

Post by Yossarian » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:35 pm

I've not had a 480 for 4 months now and I keep returning the this forum!

I am not swapping cars any more until I've saved up enough money to secure a decent future for me and the future Mrs. Yossarian, but this place is awesome for keeping tabs on the whereabouts of decent, looked after specimens.
[b]2.0ES.[/b] - [b][url=http://volvo480.dragons.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17327]Sold[/url][/b].

Hopefully for 2009 - 1.7 Turbo.

Rachel
480 Is my middle name

Post by Rachel » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:48 pm

esta wrote:
Rachel wrote::shock: Sorry to read this Esta......I hope you don't end up regretting the sale of your lovely car, like I have done in the past :(

;)
O I will regret it, I know this already, but sadly as always, the lack of funds have bought this on. I rented a garage and everything, I was REALLY into doing her up, but thanks to the majority of boy racers who raise young peoples insurance premiums, and a government that want you to pay for at least 6 months of tax in one go, I cant even save her as a weekend car. Plus I really need to pay back the loan cos I actually owe more now than the amount I took out! No idea why! :dunno: :?

I have put in the ad that whoever buys her if they could offer her to me first when they go to sell her on in the future, as I may be better off then! Its a killer it really is! And I swear I have a mental defect of some sort as I am literally crying whenever I think of her going, or whenever I see her now. :cryhard: But thanks for the kind words, and as I told GlasgowJim, whether ou guys like it or not, when I have enough money I WILL be back, I love the 480!!

It's all very sad...I feel for you hun :( I hope you can keep track for her....personally I'd get rid of that Jag and keep her ;)

All the best, and don't become a stranger.....we'll all miss you if you do :D
'95 Storm Grey 323 Manual Turbo, Richmod
----------------------------------------------------------
'95 Flame Red Celeb, Nos.191, 2 litre, LPG, used to be Adams ;) SOLD
'95 Vase Green Turbo~ Vanessa~ 'Serendipity' manual, Richmod. RIP
'90 Light Blue 480 Turbo auto....RIP
'68 VW Type 3 1.6 auto Lotus White,Swedish import. SOLD
Audi 80 coupe Gold...pimp my ride! RIP
'76 Bug, Ocean Blue, lowered, Empi wheels.RIP
'72 Bay window VW Camper 1600 twinport. Sold

Ral

Post by Ral » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:20 pm

Shame. Shame as well about all the cockups at ebay. Hope you can get all your money back from them and at least a good bit of your investment in your GT. Lastly, a shame I don't have the money to buy it off you ;)

esta
480 Is my middle name

Post by esta » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:06 pm

Ral wrote:. Lastly, a shame I don't have the money to buy it off you ;)
Aw thanks :) It is a shame that you dont, cos then when I get sorted I would know who to contact when I have the funds again lol!
Rachel wrote:personally I'd get rid of that Jag and keep her
:lol: :rofl: Heaven forbid you suggest that! ;) All the best with your 480, Ill still be here just like Yossarian! And I'll be back! By the looks of it I dont think it will sell anyways ha ha! Have lowered the reserve anyways, guess we will see, if its meant to be.... on the other hand, I would love a turbo one day!! hmmmm! ;) Hopefully when I have the money for a turbo someone will be sellign the good old richmods again!! *HINT HINT* :P

There are a number of mechanical devices which increase sexual arousal, particularly in women. Chief among these is the Volvo 480 ;)

HAD: 480 GT (Lula) & 480 ES (Lulu), Mk4 XR3i (Wall*E), Rover 416i (Junior-R.I.P. bud), X2 (Percy) & Tahiti (Tati)

www.projectjaguar.co.uk

glasgowjim
480 Is my middle name

Post by glasgowjim » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:13 pm

you are really unlucky theres so many on at once!

Still there is usually a flurry of bids at he end :D

esta
480 Is my middle name

Post by esta » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:44 pm

glasgowjim wrote:you are really unlucky theres so many on at once!

Still there is usually a flurry of bids at he end :D
Ugh I know! I had the GT on and then all of a sudden kapow! MORE GTs lol!! Grrr! :lol: Ah well we shall see! Will hold you to those final flurries lol! If there are non expect an angry PM ;)

www.projectjaguar.co.uk

cliffeydawlish
Knows where Volvo is from

ITS A SIGN

Post by cliffeydawlish » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:27 am

after al the money you have spent advertising id take it as a sign dont sell ya 480 its simple lol keep it im sure it will be good to you from now on you will only regret getting rid in the future 480s all the way nothing else compares

cliffeydawlish
Knows where Volvo is from

storage

Post by cliffeydawlish » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:35 am

look i may have a solotion if your intrested i will store your car for you in a nice dry garge for the time it takes for you to get up and running i live a fair distance away and will store it for next to nothing all i ask is for your experiance with volvo 480s and restoration of myn i live a fair trek away (devon) but i am not a vulcher like some of the 480 owners i have met and been stiched up by i have honest intentions and no hidden agendas just tryin to help a fellow 480 lover ive been were you are and im glad i kept myn kind regard chris get back to me

esta
480 Is my middle name

Re: storage

Post by esta » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:57 pm

cliffeydawlish wrote:look i may have a solotion if your intrested i will store your car for you in a nice dry garge for the time it takes for you to get up and running i live a fair distance away and will store it for next to nothing all i ask is for your experiance with volvo 480s and restoration of myn i live a fair trek away (devon) but i am not a vulcher like some of the 480 owners i have met and been stiched up by i have honest intentions and no hidden agendas just tryin to help a fellow 480 lover ive been were you are and im glad i kept myn kind regard chris get back to me
Hey thats really kind but the storage isnt the problem! I am lucky in that I got passed on the garage with the Jaguar for £5/week, so she is in there. My problem is the lack of electricity to the garage which means I can not do any work to it, plus the garage is about 15/20 miles awayv from me so it isnt easy to get to/costs a bit in the Jaguar! She has just sat there for the last 2 months, and I cant do anything which is frustrating, so I figured someone else may as well have her!! She will just sit and rot otherwise, I doubt I will be able to find a garage that cheap with lecky near me. :(

PS Used to live in Devon, and parents still do live there! Thanks anyway ;)

www.projectjaguar.co.uk

esta
480 Is my middle name

Post by esta » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:14 pm

Buy it now
£800

or
MAKE AN OFFER via the precious ebay button!

www.projectjaguar.co.uk

Ral

Post by Ral » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:52 pm

For future reference: save yourself some money and don't use ebay's extortionate picture hosting. Just put the images you want to use on photobucket or wherever else you want and link to them in the listing. You can use html tags, which are similar to the BBcode on this board. Just use <> brackets instead of [] . Has the added benefit of giving the people watching the add much bigger pictures (provided of course you have better resolution pictures than the crappy size ebay makes them).

Anyway, goodluck selling, looks like you're about to loose quite a bit of money on it :(

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:24 am

eBay don't charge anything for photos now. 12 photos for free.
[b]2.0ES.[/b] - [b][url=http://volvo480.dragons.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17327]Sold[/url][/b].

Hopefully for 2009 - 1.7 Turbo.

esta
480 Is my middle name

Post by esta » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:17 pm

@ Ral: Thanks but fortunately for the £8 starting price, you get 12 free photos lol!! :lol: Very kind of the theiving A*holes! ;)

@ Amazin thanks for the link, but you know what? Im not gonna do it, I am actually in two minds to keep the car. If she had gone in the first instance then fine I wouldnt have minded, but this is silly, and after some A*hole made an offer of £400 (after seein that I was unhappy with £660, surely no one would be dumb enough to euggest £400?!?!)

I didnt want her to go anyway, and now people are taking the p*£%

Seeing as the GT doesnt hold any sort of financial value over the ES then I will repsray her a funky colour, lower her and do all those things I said I was going to do in the first place.

Jeez, these 48os really can hold you over a barrel!! They are like a disease, once you have one you just cant shake it off!!

:lol:

www.projectjaguar.co.uk

glasgowjim
480 Is my middle name

Post by glasgowjim » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:11 pm

you have a pm :D

no I dont want to buy your car just some private info as your still selling your car

regards jim