FOR SALE - 1995 2.0 S

Cleaned up the garage, found parts laying around, but it turned out to be a complete Volvo 480? If you want to sell your car (480 only) you can place an advert here.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

kennymac
Started learning about 480
Location: In the poor hoose due to cash hemoraging from bank to Isuzu Trooper!!!!

FOR SALE - 1995 2.0 S

Post by kennymac » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:55 pm

Hi all I listed this a while ago (March this year) then lost all hope when it required brake pipes and some welding. Enter the Brother in Law who has garage and welder.
Car is now (as of today) MOT'ed (12 months) and Taxed (6 months)

Location - Ardrishaig, Argyll

Info Centre - Yes (fitted it myself with a slight modification) also spare set of clocks with Info Centre.

Gauges - Yes (Volts plus Oil preasure, no boost obviously)

Mileage - 121521

Both rear steel brake pipes have been replaced with copper for the MOT

Body Condition - Essentially the body is in fairly good nick, it is needing some attention though - rust patches in the usual places - rear arches, some stone chips above the windscreen, but so far no holes that I am aware of. It does however have the usual scrapes and scratches on the bumpers due to the previous owners inability to judge where the corners are but I think they all end up that way, I know my last one was the same when I got it. Photo's here

The only reason I stopped using the car was because the Wife bought a Nissan Navarra and Her Trooper was more suitable for me as a daily driver to go to and from work/horses etc. So the car has been SORNed for roughly 18 months and kept in a garage all that time.

Basically it's an honest enough wee car that deserves to be used, not sitting in a garage, and unfortunately I don't realy have the time to do what I would originally have liked to i.e. a rolling restoration.
Y reg mk1 XR2 - braw fun, now departed
H reg 480 ES Just Goes, now departed
M reg 480 2.0l S (Chassis No 592056) Even better, still going (for now)
Thinking about a turbo - it's all your fault, mind you, saw a black XR4i the other day...........

felyx
Advanced 480 rookie

Post by felyx » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:05 am

Price please ???? also has the front end been resprayed as those indicators are not the orginals for that year , i believe k/l reg onwards they were clear indicators .
140mph for £175 just test the brakes

kennymac
Started learning about 480
Location: In the poor hoose due to cash hemoraging from bank to Isuzu Trooper!!!!

Post by kennymac » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:46 pm

Had been thinking somewhere in the region of £650 for the car along with the various bits and pieces of spares that I've acumulated/aquired - brand new, never used front number plate holder; brand new, never used fuse box; spare spot lights, mirror switches, leccy window switches; complete, working info centre, other odds and sods. Not masses of bits just some stuff.

No the front end hasn't been sprayed, when I got the car one of day running lights was broken, plus I actually prefer the orange indicators, you will note that I have actually tinted these slightly also.

Any more questions, just ask.

Edit 21/10
I would take less for this car if it meant it went to someone who was actually interested in it for what it is rather than just as a cheap car.

Kenny. :)
Y reg mk1 XR2 - braw fun, now departed
H reg 480 ES Just Goes, now departed
M reg 480 2.0l S (Chassis No 592056) Even better, still going (for now)
Thinking about a turbo - it's all your fault, mind you, saw a black XR4i the other day...........