FOR SALE - Black Volvo 480 turbo £750

Cleaned up the garage, found parts laying around, but it turned out to be a complete Volvo 480? If you want to sell your car (480 only) you can place an advert here.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

macaroni
Knows where Volvo is from

FOR SALE - Black Volvo 480 turbo £750

Post by macaroni » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:59 am

My Volvo 480 turbo is up for sale, only because I need to fund my first love, a 205 gti.
I bought this car 11 months ago as a fixer upper, but I liked it so much, I kept it. I came across a cheap 205, which I love, so the 480 has to go. It has served me very well, being reliable, fast and great fun to drive.

Details:
- Mileage - 106K, some service history, recent cambelt and full service (inc plugs, dizzy cap etc)
- MOT until 29th June, Tax is out, but I can put some on at cost. I will also get a years MOT on at cost, if required.
- It is black, with half leather seats and all the toys, which all work. These include; leccy windows, mirrors (powered and heated), moonroof, heated seats, full closure central locking, and a fully working Infocentre. It also has a Pioneer headunit and JBL front speakers, with the standard tweeters.
- The body is in good condition, with only a small piece of rust on the o/s/r wheel arch.
- The interior is in excellent condition and comes with sturdy fitted Volvo plastic mats. I'll even chuck in a Volvo face flannel too!
- The turbo engine is very strong, uses no oil, has good boost pressure and has never let me down.
- It used to leak from the rear lights, but has been fully sealed, dried and cleaned, so no problems there.
- good tyres all round with Goodyear F1s on the front.

Bad points; the diff whines a bit. It did this when I bought it, almost a year ago, and hasn't got any worse. I have changed the gearbox oil, which had no swarf in it, the gearchange is fine and there is no other untoward behaviour except for the whine.
- The front grille is off the car, but is supplied.
- The aforementioned rust on the rear wheel arch. (Pictured)
I think that's it, apart from a few pictures.

I am away for a week from Sunday, but can be contacted on my mobile - 07951 847473 for viewings. The car is currently in Crawley, West Sussex but can also be seen in Tunbridge Wells, Kent if required.

Thanks for looking!!

guitarcarfanatic
480 Is my middle name

Post by guitarcarfanatic » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:28 am

M reg with the red stripe? I thought that was only on the older models? I could be very wrong though!
1996 Saab 9000 CSE 2litre EcoTurbo

Previously...
Peugeot 406 executive TD - The devil!

1991 Red Turbo - Great condition and surprisingly un-rusty!

1989 Light Blue metallic Turbo - Sold!

1993 Steel grey S - Bought for parts

1990 Red ES - Now resting in car heaven!

1989 Black ES - Great runner

1989 Black ES - Spares Car. I murdered it!

Big Brother

Post by Big Brother » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:06 pm

guitarcarfanatic wrote:M reg with the red stripe? I thought that was only on the older models? I could be very wrong though!
I thought that, this one doesn't have the stripe on the bumper, which my old ES did. Maybe the door guard things were replaced at some point.

2001 V70

martinholmesuk
Friend of Club 480 Europe

Post by martinholmesuk » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:28 pm

The last of 94 I expect. Mk 1.5 480?
Volvo 940 Turbo 19T (real Volvo :P)
Audi TT

macaroni
Knows where Volvo is from

Post by macaroni » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:47 am

Pol did point out once that I was missing the red stripe off the bumper, so not sure if it is or isn't supposed to have them.

Any road up, it doesn't detract from the fact this is a solid, reliable and decent 480 turbo.

I'm away for a week now, so if anyone one fancies a look at this, I can be contacted on 07951 847473, as long as I can get a signal in the Yorkshire Dales.

Antony